• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Rodgers

Tweedy

First XI
Luke Rodgers has shown no desire to sign a new contract at shrewsbury, would he be a good addition to the Southend Side?

From what I understand of the situation, Rodgers wants to play at a higher level... so we need to know where we stand after the play-offs before this even becomes relevant.

We need a decent striker to play alongside eastwood, Grays ok in spells but i would say rodgers is slighty better.

Grays goalscoring record is very average considering hes played most games this season!

why on earth do we want that over rated, fat usless diver???

can someone please tell me what you see in him???

(and yes i do have to use more than one question mark!!!, and exclaimation mark)

Did you see him a few years back when Shrewsbury won 3-2 (?) down at the Hall? He was awesome, the 2nd goal he scored was superb that day

I think it was 2-0 that day and he got both. Both of his goals were top-notch that day.

I'd love to see him at Roots Hall. Can't see it happening though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ May 13 2005,18:10)]Did you see him a few years back when Shrewsbury won 3-2 (?) down at the Hall? He was awesome, the 2nd goal he scored was superb that day
Yeah, but did you see the sitter he missed from about eight yards in the game at Roots Hall this season?

In fairness, he is a useful player at this level but personally I'm not sure he'd be right for us - I'd rather sign someone with a bit more physical presence who can hold the ball up and link effectively with Eastwood. Maybe someone in the mould of Eric Sabin or Junior Agogo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 13 2005,18:14)]I think it was 2-0 that day and he got both. Both of his goals were top-notch that day.

I'd love to see him at Roots Hall. Can't see it happening though.
Nope it was definitely a 3-2 defeat and his 2nd goal was magnificent, infact it is one of the few opposition goals I've actually applauded myself (Agogo's in the LDV this season being another, top class).

People above talk about physical presence and although Rodgers isn't the biggest he has plenty of physical presence about him, he's probably one of the strongest forwards at this level.

Also he will look even better in a good team as shrewsbury are rather average!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ May 13 2005,19:10)]he is proven goalscorer at this level so yeah I'll have him
First of all his not a proven striker at this level he scored 6 goals this season in 38 games which isnt good enough.
Second he must be on a high wage as he thinks he is the next wayne rooney.
Third dont think he would move all the way down to southend after spending all his life up north.
Fourth as he thinks his so good he will wont to play for a better team than us (i think he go tranmere if they dont go up)

Anyway i dont rate him used to but has he is a cheating big headed greey tw*t

Excluding the typo, I'd have to agree with chalkwell blue's summing-up of Rodgers. I do like the way many of you are referring to Rodgers as 'good for this level', or words to that effect. It's almost as if you've all resigned yourselves to staying down already!! That's the attitude that we went into the last set of playoffs with.....Not that we were wrong, mind
mad.gif
sad.gif

No chance. Diving little $%&* who is VERY over rated and loves himself!

I would rather have Bramble than bloody Rogers!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ May 13 2005,22:56)]First of all his not a proven striker at this level he scored 6 goals this season in 38 games which isnt good enough.
Wayne Gray has only 11 from 46 which if you take away the penalties aint much better at all

The cheating arrogant fat little bugger can stay well away from here thank you.

2 or 3 years ago maybe, but we certainly wouldn't want him now.

thb i dont know much about rodgers but agago looked menacing when we played against him this season - he looks like a big, agressive striker who could be playing with us in league 1 next year!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 14 2005,12:40)]thb i dont know much about rodgers but agago looked menacing when we played against him this season - he looks like a big, agressive striker who could be playing with us in league 1 next year!
Big? No, you've got the wrong player ...

laugh.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 14 2005,12:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 14 2005,12:40)]thb i dont know much about rodgers but agago looked menacing when we played against him this season - he looks like a big, agressive striker who could be playing with us in league 1 next year!
Big? No, you've got the wrong player ...

laugh.gif

oops.gif
think he means big as in lardy rather than tall

I dont see the attraction myself, his best years are behind him, and we need players with their best years infront of them (except the Spinners of the world).

Back