• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luton in administration

Shrimp Creek

Schoolboy
Sky Sports news is claiming Luton have gone into Administration and they will suffer a 10 point deduction leaving them with 9 points.

Last edited:
Confirmed by the BBC. Not sure if this is a good time or a bad time to play them. They'll either rally, or have their heads down feeling doomed. Let's hope for the latter.

Confirmed by the BBC. Not sure if this is a good time or a bad time to play them. They'll either rally, or have their heads down feeling doomed. Let's hope for the latter.

I think its too soon to see a rallying type effort from them. To be honest I doubt that they will ever rally. As soon as this has happened Im sure the Leeds scenario sprung to mind. Luton and Leeds are worlds apart in club size, sqaud strength etc. As much as I hate to say it, Leeds have been amazing to overcome a 15 point deduction and to now be sitting in play off spot. Im almost certain that we wont see the same from Luton and quite frankly I couldnt give a toss! I hope they end up head first in the **** with a one way ticket to Blue Square Football.

I think its too soon to see a rallying type effort from them. To be honest I doubt that they will ever rally. As soon as this has happened Im sure the Leeds scenario sprung to mind. Luton and Leeds are worlds apart in club size, sqaud strength etc. As much as I hate to say it, Leeds have been amazing to overcome a 15 point deduction and to now be sitting in play off spot. Im almost certain that we wont see the same from Luton and quite frankly I couldnt give a toss! I hope they end up head first in the **** with a one way ticket to Blue Square Football.

To be honest Sam, the Blue Square South is too high for them b@stards.

I will enjoy going past their ground tomorrow on the train to Barnsley whilst hoping for a Southend win

Heard today form a Looton fan that they're rumoured to be docked 40 points from the start of next season MINIMUM for their dodgy dealings.... I reckon this could be the end of Luton.... and regardless of how much everyone loathes them, no one likes to see a club vanish of the map...remember it could have been us a few years ago.

Heard today form a Looton fan that they're rumoured to be docked 40 points from the start of next season MINIMUM for their dodgy dealings.... I reckon this could be the end of Luton.... and regardless of how much everyone loathes them, no one likes to see a club vanish of the map...remember it could have been us a few years ago.

40 points?

That'd be a heck of a precedent for the FL to set and LooTown would probably pursue such a draconian sanction through the courts...

40 points seems a bit much - would be very harsh indeed despite the seriousness of the allegations against them...

As much as i dislike Luton i hate to see any team go into administration and face the uncertainty they now face (Col U, Forest and any team that Sean Thornton may be playing for in a given season :D being the exceptions to the rule). Fans must be gutted - and I am a bit worried about our match with them tomorrow: we could either trash them or they could give us a good hiding to show their solidarity etc.

Bet Morgan is glad he got out of there on loan when he did...at least he still gets his wages now :p

B0ll0cks this is Luton Scum Football Club.
Let em die, let em die, let em die!

According to 5 live yesterday, Luton are in danger of a further 15 point deduction as the CVA is not in order. apparently the taxman is not happy with the terms and they want more than the offer currently being made to creditors.

According to 5 live yesterday, Luton are in danger of a further 15 point deduction as the CVA is not in order. apparently the taxman is not happy with the terms and they want more than the offer currently being made to creditors.

Good, good.
Best put the champagne on ice! :p

Oh dear.

It wouldn't make much difference though, as having sold most of their decent players and had a ten point deduction they're deep in the sh!t anyway and likely to be relegated.

Possibly a bigger worry is the threat of a possible winding-up order should the taxman get too stroppy :p

Might be the best time to try and get Dean Morgan in for a cheap price then ;)

Back