• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Luton protest at Orenuja's Debut

It sounds like we're OK as we got clearance from the FA. I can understand Luton's stance if they were denied the same opportunity, and it appears they are not contesting the result.

I was just about to post that, they haven't put in a compliant against us it is against the FA!

It sounds like we're OK as we got clearance from the FA. I can understand Luton's stance if they were denied the same opportunity, and it appears they are not contesting the result.

yep exactly... i don't think we have anything to worry about, although I do feel for Luton and see this as them kicking off with the FA rather than with us.

Reading that article on Lutons OS is a relief. We've still got Chelsea in the cup, for a second there I thought we may be kicked out. Good job we contacted the FA regarding Femi!

Whatever the rights and wrongs, how refreshing that it is Southend United that managed to get things correctly through the system to achieve the necessary clearance!

Whatever the rights and wrongs, how refreshing that it is Southend United that managed to get things correctly through the system to achieve the necessary clearance!

Attention to detail. Most important and well done to our management.

What is going on here?
Luton checked with the FA before the first round if they could play an under 16 in the cup and apparently the answer was no they couldn’t play. This position was then circulated throughout the management of the club. (from the luton post above)
It was clearly public on Saturday that we would have an under 16 year old in our squad, yet Luton dont seem to have made any complaint before the game. Then 2 hours after the game news breaks on here of a protest.
Now, when it has come clear that Southend did nothing wrong, Lutons protest is about nothing more than the FAs vendetta against their club.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Makes me laugh really though, did they really think they would've won if they could've fielded their 15 year old? Let's face it, it was all down to the tie. They knew how much money they could've made out of the Chelsea game and so they have tried to find something that may have pushed us out. Nice try.

What is going on here?
Luton checked with the FA before the first round if they could play an under 16 in the cup and apparently the answer was no they couldn’t play. This position was then circulated throughout the management of the club. (from the luton post above)
It was clearly public on Saturday that we would have an under 16 year old in our squad, yet Luton dont seem to have made any complaint before the game. Then 2 hours after the game news breaks on here of a protest.
Now, when it has come clear that Southend did nothing wrong, Lutons protest is about nothing more than the FAs vendetta against their club.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

If they could prove that, then maybe they would be looking to have some deducted points restored, or to generate a financial claim against the FA, as desperation breeds desperate measures.

Certainly does smell rotten, that one rule for us and another for them ?

Perhaps they spoke with a monkey and we faxed or emailed an organ grinder

Last edited:
Back