• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Madeleine McCann Development

What was it what was it......I missed it, was it referring to a certain musician who was recently visiting a sea side resort?

I pray they get her back but each week that rolls on I think its less and less likely.

My feelings have really changed on this case. Originally I didnt like the parents but having become a parent and also the way they have carried on fighting via the press I have a new respect for them.

I pray they get her back but each week that rolls on I think its less and less likely.

My feelings have really changed on this case. Originally I didnt like the parents but having become a parent and also the way they have carried on fighting via the press I have a new respect for them.

For a couple that would leave their child out of site, unattended while having a good drink up......no respect. EVER

Absolutely.

Don't misunderstand me, I really really hope she is alive and well and gets found and is returned poor thing. I just can't respect the parents.

Fair enough. I respect the parents for admitting they're wrong and doing everything in their power to keep Maddie in the national consciousness.

I can't think of one parent who knows where their kids are all the time anyway. (Unless they're in jail!)

Fair enough. I respect the parents for admitting they're wrong and doing everything in their power to keep Maddie in the national consciousness.

I can't think of one parent who knows where their kids are all the time anyway. (Unless they're in jail!)

Greatest respect Naps, these were little children, in any country you should know were they are, when they get to teenagers they must have some freedom and respect, but when they are toddlers, they must be in sight 24/7

I hope and pray Maddie is well and alive, but the parents will have this guilt for life

Maybe abuse is strong. But you can't deny your post is a bit salty

For a couple that would leave their child out of site, unattended while having a good drink up......no respect. EVER

Were they not the facts. Maddie and her brothers were left unattended and out of sight while the parents were drinking in another part of the complex?

Its a common human trait, to kick someone when they are down, and just pray it doesnot happen to us with kids one day, through a moment of madness.

The point was you said

At Maddies age and her brothers/sisters all parents damn well should do !!

I think they made a mistake as parents and sadly they have paid the price. I dont think its a mistake I would have made but then you dont know.

All I can say is that they have paid so far the ultimate price for the mistake and I think done a decent job at keeping the story in the press which is there only hope I guess.

I think they made a mistake as parents and sadly they have paid the price. I dont think its a mistake I would have made but then you dont know.

All I can say is that they have paid so far the ultimate price for the mistake and I think done a decent job at keeping the story in the press which is there only hope I guess.

This is absolutely spot on and why I despaired of a lot of the comments made by some on the threads that ran on this subject in the past. They made a massive mistake, a mistake I know full well I could not have made had I been in their position as if it was me, when they are that young, the kids come first . If it means you don't go out to dinner then fine, you take it in turns to miss out.

However, by checking every half hour, they did what they could within their powers to lessen the risk and as time has gone by, they have never been anything other than dignified in their dealings with everyone - the police, the media etc.

If this new development can bring closure to this desperately sad situation then I pray it will because the not knowing is far worse than having to face up to the harsh reality of a dead child - ask Keith Bennett's mum.

This is absolutely spot on and why I despaired of a lot of the comments made by some on the threads that ran on this subject in the past. They made a massive mistake, a mistake I know full well I could not have made had I been in their position as if it was me, when they are that young, the kids come first . If it means you don't go out to dinner then fine, you take it in turns to miss out.

However, by checking every half hour, they did what they could within their powers to lessen the risk and as time has gone by, they have never been anything other than dignified in their dealings with everyone - the police, the media etc.

If this new development can bring closure to this desperately sad situation then I pray it will because the not knowing is far worse than having to face up to the harsh reality of a dead child - ask Keith Bennett's mum.

I do agree with you to a point. They have never been anything but dignified since the time but if i found out that I had was treating a child whose parents had left them on their own for half hour I would file a child protection notification as at that age, whatever the excuse it is not safe to leave a child on their own.

Obviously they will never make that mistake again with their other children but to leave a child of that age on their own in the first place is an absolute disgrace. They are responsible adults working in a profession where you see and hear about child neglect cases all the time, even if you don't work with the children and they were stupid to neglect, and that is what it was neglect their children in that way.

Back