• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tinky123 @ April 11 2005,12:40)]Why oh why does Maher never get subbed when he is having a bad game, even though that would mean 95% of games.

Once again on Sunday he can't head the ball, tackle, every freekick is the same just lobs it in giving defenders time to settle. Your never see him whipping the ball in with pace.

Please pack your bags and go back to Ireland.
here here,
some f**king sense at last
maher is awful, always has been always will be, when people realise this the better it will be..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 11 2005,12:44)]Crap! Maher was one of the better players out there yesterday ...

WS
i normally agree with you mike but maher was garbage yesterday, he couldnt tackle, pass and cross and his attitude stank, he was lucky not to get sent off near the end, you cant touch a players face with your hands.

as of my previuos post above, im not saying maher is crap, i like the player and is very important to our team, i also think he is a very good player, but his perpormance yesterday was poor and let us down

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tinky123 @ April 11 2005,11:40)]Why oh why does Maher never get subbed when he is having a bad game, even though that would mean 95% of games.

Once again on Sunday he can't head the ball, tackle, every freekick is the same just lobs it in giving defenders time to settle. Your never see him whipping the ball in with pace.

****... tinky 123... mark tinkler in somewhat of a poor disguise? jealous?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 11 2005,17:47)]jealous?
What, jealous of playing in his native North-East for a team in the League One playoffs?

I'm sure Tinkler he wishes he was back with us, I really do.

Jeez, some people.

The Maher scapegoating is also unbelivably irritating. Fcuk it, so we had an off day yesterday.

But that doesn't matter any more. What we need now is everyone to get behind all the players - including Maher and, dare I say it, Gower - and roar this club into League 1.

We're all sick of being in the basement league. We're all sick of having the feckin Ewes scum (as they've done on shrimpers.net today) kicking us when we're down and saying "we're in the league above you..."

Well, no more. Time we were above them in the table. Time we all pulled together and roared this club to the bloody Div 4 championship again.

That means getting behind <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>EVERYONE</span> for the rest of the season, Maher, Gower and Che as well as Barrett, Beno, Spinner and Fredy.

We are Southend United. Those players are Southend United - all of them.

United - we&#39;ll conquer. Divided - we&#39;ll fall.

No more squabbling - it&#39;s banned from now until the end of May. f**king well <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>GET BEHIND THEM&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

Rant over.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tinky123 @ April 11 2005,12:40)]Why oh why does Maher never get subbed when he is having a bad game, even though that would mean 95% of games.

Once again on Sunday he can&#39;t head the ball, tackle, every freekick is the same just lobs it in giving defenders time to settle. Your never see him whipping the ball in with pace.

What game were you watching?

Wasnt Southend V Wrexham

I was quite surprised Maher wasn&#39;t subsituted yesterday, not because of how he was playing (In fact, I thought he was our 3rd best played behind Barrett and Beno) but because he was shattered at the final whistle, because he&#39;d covered every blade of grass. But he found a second wind for extra time.

I wish people would stop slagging Maher off. Yes, yesterday was the closest I&#39;d come to tears at a game and it was the most gutting and heartbreaking moment I&#39;ve suffered at a game, but we weren&#39;t that bad. With a little bit of luck we&#39;d have won and been praising everyone and everything (including Gower).

Tilly has a massive job on his hands trying to raise the players for friday but he can do it. Lets get behind the lads on friday, and the rest of the season, because its the best season for a VERY long time.

[b said:

Once again on Sunday he can&#39;t head the ball, tackle, every freekick is the same just lobs it in giving defenders time to settle. Your never see him whipping the ball in with pace.

Utter utter utter b******s. Our most loyal and respected player and you post something like that - please f**k off and start supporting Canvey because you&#39;re no use to us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 11 2005,17:28)]
[b said:

here here,
some f**king sense at last
maher is awful, always has been always will be, when people realise this the better it will be..
Quite frankly you are talking out of your arses, having just watched the game on telly again, Maher was ok, not one of his best games, and lets be honest when he is on form we look the nuts, but yesterday he was no worse than wilson, jupp, petterfer, gower, gray,flahaven, eastwood and prior, he is our club captain, and has played under alot of managers at this club, and they all rate him very highly I think he is a very strong player and an asset to this club

i am not KM&#39;s biggest fan. I have posted my thoughts on him on this very board before and have had some heated debates. What I have conceded this season is that the team plays worse without him, at least that was the case before we got McCormack on loan. I didnt think KM had too bad a game yesterday, but he did tire and that is when you need your captain to do the job. In truth, I think he is not seen as captain by the other players during the game. they seem to react more to Barrett and Prior, particularly at the back.

anyway, the point i wanted to make was that Guttridge should have replaced Maher. bentley was lost out wide and we lacked his drive to get into the box. Having said that, lets not over react here....we are five games away from the championship of league two&#33; Come on, its in our hands, lets leave the post mortum until the season has died. The other clubs will be hoping our heads hang, lets show them that we are sterner than that&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

What is all this negativity on here?
So maher didn&#39;t play his best, gower was off form again, at least it wasn&#39;t in a league match.

So we lost the LDV vans trophy a one off game that we could get back to again next year (at wembley&#33;&#33;&#33;)

I will be much much much more gutted if we don&#39;t get in the top 3 this season, as has been said stop slagging off players and get behind the team.
We have a great chance of success this season.

1 poor result in 18&#33;&#33;&#33; games and suddenly we are back to people knocking players, whats wrong with some of our &#39;fans&#39;??

come on guys we are so close to league one. its our turn for some success.

I fecking despair sometimes, I really do.

We lose one game and it&#39;s all Maher&#39;s fault, he&#39;s crap, let&#39;s replace him blah blah blah. Astonishing. Where are you all when Maher plays out of his skin and has a massive effect on a win and on the team? I don&#39;t hear you bloody well whinging then.

He didn&#39;t have that bad a game yesterday, yet he&#39;s still slaughtered on here.

This whole anti-Maher thing when we lose is utterly pathetic. Find something new to moan about please.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 11 2005,17:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 11 2005,17:47)]jealous?
What, jealous of playing in his native North-East for a team in the League One playoffs?

I'm sure Tinkler he wishes he was back with us, I really do.

Jeez, some people.

The Maher scapegoating is also unbelivably irritating.  Fcuk it, so we had an off day yesterday.

But that doesn't matter any more.  What we need now is everyone to get behind all the players - including Maher and, dare I say it, Gower - and roar this club into League 1.

We're all sick of being in the basement league.  We're all sick of having the feckin Ewes scum (as they've done on shrimpers.net today) kicking us when we're down and saying "we're in the league above you..."

Well, no more.  Time we were above them in the table.  Time we all pulled together and roared this club to the bloody Div 4 championship again.

That means getting behind <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>EVERYONE</span> for the rest of the season, Maher, Gower and Che as well as Barrett, Beno, Spinner and Fredy.

We are Southend United.  Those players are Southend United - all of them.

United - we'll conquer.  Divided - we'll fall.

No more squabbling - it's banned from now until the end of May.  f**king well <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>GET BEHIND THEM!!!</span>

Rant over.

Matt
Matt,
You're a legend!
James

If we are all going to be positive. I would just like to say that Barrett is a f**king legend. No disrespect to Edwards but how was Barrett on the bench at the start of the season?&#33; An absolute rock, saved us on numerous occassions and even looks good going forward with the ball&#33; Not to mention how dangerous he is from set-pieces. I&#39;m worried that it would not have gone unnoticed by a few managers watching the game.

Back