• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher Injury

TerryintheWest

Anyone know if Maher sufferd concussion on Saturday? Is there a rule that says that you cannot play for a number of days after being concussed?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Feb. 20 2006,13:30)]Anyone know if Maher sufferd concussion on Saturday? Is there a rule that says that you cannot play for a number of days after being concussed?
The concussion rule certainly applies to rugby, but i am sure how it is applied in football. So he has the best part of 6 days to recover in.

The official site says he has broken his nose but its to swollen at present to decide what needs to be done about it

Top comment from Brushy...

"At least it will improve his good looks..."

laugh.gif

Sammy Bangora (apologies to the spelling police
biggrin.gif
) of Stoke played with a broken nose yesterday so hopefully Maher will be able to play on Saturday (as long as the concussion is not an issue).

Fingers crossed he does make it as he was missed in the second half at Chesterfield - I doubt Chestefield would have walked through our midfield for their second and third goals if Maher had been on the pitch.

Strange thing on Sat. Maher goes off for treatment, shirt has blood on it. Not allowed back on pitch with this shirt ,fair enough.
He puts on an un numbered/un named shirt. 4th official I think wont allow him back on with this shirt.
He then puts on sub Lawsons shirt and is allowed on the pitch.
Dont we take spare numbered/named shirts to away games?
Also though how can a player be allowed to play in another players shirt but not in a plain one? Strange decision by the officials surely. What would have happened if the ref wanted to book Maher? Whats your name/number - Lawson!!!!

Each team carries a single blank shirt called a "blood shirt", to be used in these instances. According to the radio during the game, Maher had bled over the blood shirt so the ref wouldn't let him on in it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Feb. 20 2006,14:33)]I doubt Chestefield would have walked through our midfield for their second and third goals if Maher had been on the pitch.
But would we have scored three goals?

laugh.gif

Thanks Beefy for that info. Makes more sense Sats happenings now.

Also Napster the answer is probably no - as Maher would have wnted to take the free kick which Freddie scored from!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 20 2006,15:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Feb. 20 2006,14:33)]I doubt Chestefield would have walked through our midfield for their second and third goals if Maher had been on the pitch.
But would we have scored three goals?

laugh.gif
Don't you start!!!
mad.gif

tounge.gif

Having broken my own nose a couple of times, this needs to be sorted properly, even if it means missing Saturday's game. If Kev's nose isn't fixed, then it will affect his breathing, so hampering his game.

We have reserves (Bentley/Hunt/Petts) to come in and play in the centre of midfield, so it's not worth messing about.

Also, AB can take over the captaincy...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 20 2006,15:25)]Having broken my own nose a couple of times, this needs to be sorted properly, even if it means missing Saturday's game.  If Kev's nose isn't fixed, then it will affect his breathing, so hampering his game.

We have reserves (Bentley/Hunt/Petts) to come in and play in the centre of midfield, so it's not worth messing about.

Don't forget Jay Smith in the centre of midfield

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blake @ Feb. 20 2006,17:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 20 2006,15:25)]Having broken my own nose a couple of times, this needs to be sorted properly, even if it means missing Saturday's game.  If Kev's nose isn't fixed, then it will affect his breathing, so hampering his game.

Don't forget Jay Smith in the centre of midfield
On the evidence of recent reserve games, can't cut it anymore - which is a great shame as I have always been a fan of his.
sad.gif

[b said:

Is that why your such an ugly *******?

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Feb. 20 2006,13:30)]Anyone know if Maher sufferd concussion on Saturday? Is there a rule that says that you cannot play for a number of days after being concussed?
he's broken he's nose.. which means he will be out

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 20 2006,18:09)]
[b said:

wink.gif
Thought that would please you, you ******.

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Feb. 20 2006,17:34)]
[b said:

Is that why your such an ugly *******?

cool.gif
Takes one to know one
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Feb. 20 2006,18:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 20 2006,18:09)]
[b said:

wink.gif
Thought that would please you, you ******.

glare.gif
now now mr smiffy, you know i'm the biggest (not the right choice of words) maher fan out there.. in fact i think he's debating skills are good enough for Pm... you've seen the way he talks to rest

Back