• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Before the rant, top marks to Gray, Tes and Prior - all three were magnificent tonight. THe plaudits are perhaps obvious for the first two, but after the sending off Spencer seemed to grow three feet and protect Tes to the hilt.

Bur, as for Maher, oh dear. It is just too predictable these days, he always gets booked. He has the ability but his mouth seems to get in the way. I would take the captaincy away from him, maybe without the arm band he would feel he doesn't have to whinge so much and act a prat. Or maybe he should just grow up. In the last year he has I accept put in some sterling performances, but he really could do so much better. Maybe if he did wake up and shut up though he would be at Hull by now. His passing was a bit off tonight too - there were others in the team tonight who were far mor inspirational.

Still, all that matters is we won and it was certainly entertaining tonight, and the journey back to Suffolk was a whole lot nicer for it. It's just if... oh well, he won't change now I s'pose, thats prob why he is playing for us.

wow.gif

Andy, it was intimated at the Trust Q&A by Paul Brush that Maher has the armband because referees give leniency to backchat by the captain and it is the management ploy to try to overcome Maher's obvious self destruct nature. Their view is that if they took the captaincy away from him, he would get booked even more (which would be difficult!!)

Doesnt the club fining system come in to play here? Perhaps it should... if he cant stop unhinging his jaw and launching into a tirade every 10 minutes simply because he was told not to, perhaps he would if it starting eating into his lapdancing money?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Oct. 08 2004,23:39)]Maher wasn't booked for dissent tonight
rock.gif
What was he booked for, then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 08 2004,23:32)]Andy, it was intimated at the Trust Q&A by Paul Brush that Maher has the armband because referees give leniency to backchat by the captain and it is the management ploy to try to overcome Maher's obvious self destruct nature. Their view is that if they took the captaincy away from him, he would get booked even more (which would be difficult!!)
Spooky, you know my name. Please identify yourself!

I didn't say that he was. Suffolk Shrimpers comments were about him mouthing off as captain to which I added more background. However he was still mouthing off and gesticulating after he was booked when perhaps he may have though to put "brain into gear" for once.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 09 2004,00:43)]I didn't say that he was. Suffolk Shrimpers comments were about him mouthing off as captain to which I added more background. However he was still mouthing off and gesticulating after he was booked when perhaps he may have though to put "brain into gear" for once.  
sad.gif
Ok understood.
However, the captaincy shouldn't be given to the player than gets booked most/least but the best leader and IMO Maher has done this on many an occassion, for example Colchester Home and Away last season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 08 2004,23:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Please identify yourself!

Ain't it obvious but here's a clue - £10 at Doncaster
biggrin.gif
Never been to Doncaster, but I'll have a tenner off you if you like.

I suspect you could be mixing me up wiv Suffolk Blue who also goes by the name of Andy (its a Suffolk thing) and comes from near Bury St Ed. However, I could be wrong, maybe when I'm not SUFC'ing I go into a dream, get in the car and turn up anyway.

I am curious now though, what woz it about the tenner?

i could have sworn Lee and Maher were both booked in firts half injury time... but there's nowt about it anywhere

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 09 2004,00:57)]i could have sworn Lee and Maher were both booked in firts half injury time... but there's nowt about it anywhere
I agree. Maybe the press association or whoever they are called got it wrong again today. After all Gray was sent off against Lincoln and was it Gower agianst Rochdale according to many sources.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Never been to Doncaster, but I'll have a tenner off you if you like.

My apologies as I thought that you were Suffolk Blue!! It was a case of SB driving 279 miles and not having the cash to get in cos the local cash machines weren't working! When Andy gave me the money back in the Shrimpers, I couldn't remember what it was for!!  
sad.gif

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Oct. 08 2004,23:43)]In fact on BBC and TLG its says he wasn't booked at all.
rock.gif
rock.gif
Matty,

Don't confuse the feed that footyMAD get from the Press Association with what we put up - I saw Maher got booked, hence in my player ratings he's got a yellow header. It'll be the same when I put the Match Statistics on once I've got them from Mark. The PA seem to be useless this year - they missed Drewe's booking at Darlo as well as adding on those reds earlier on in the campaign,

Rob

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ Oct. 09 2004,01:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Oct. 08 2004,23:43)]In fact on BBC and TLG its says he wasn't booked at all.
rock.gif
rock.gif
Matty,

Don't confuse the feed that footyMAD get from the Press Association with what we put up - I saw Maher got booked, hence in my player ratings he's got a yellow header. It'll be the same when I put the Match Statistics on once I've got them from Mark. The PA seem to be useless this year - they missed Drewe's booking at Darlo as well as adding on those reds earlier on in the campaign,

Rob
I was pretty sure that i saw Maher get booked, however I understand that the press feed is clearly inadequate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 09 2004,01:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Never been to Doncaster, but I'll have a tenner off you if you like.

My apologies as I thought that you were Suffolk Blue!! It was a case of SB driving 279 miles and not having the cash to get in cos the local cash machines weren't working! When Andy gave me the money back in the Shrimpers, I couldn't remember what it was for!!  
sad.gif

sad.gif
You've gone and given my "mister I haven't got any money" scam away!!!.

I was going to use that at Shrewsbury
biggrin.gif

See you in the Shrimpers
Andy

Back