• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Oct. 09 2004,00:39)]Maher wasn't booked for dissent tonight
rock.gif
Only because the referee's sole positive attribute was his fitness and speed. Maher couldn't get near him to mouth off most of the time.

Maher and Lee were both booked. Most people were, however, looking at Spinner warming up Tes ...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 09 2004,12:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Oct. 09 2004,00:39)]Maher wasn't booked for dissent tonight
rock.gif
Only because the referee's sole positive attribute was his fitness and speed.
I felt that was his massive problem. You only got to look at the handball and realise that he was hardly ever up with play.

Is this a test to see whether I can resist rising to the bait ?

OK I've failed.
biggrin.gif

Maher was absolutely immense tonight putting in some crucial tackles when the backs were to the wall and instrumental in so much of the positive stuff in the second half I can't see why people feel the need to get on his back on THIS occassion.

I will tell you why Tony,

Because that is all the majority of Southend supporters do. Moan like a frigging drain about every player. God forbid the next player to complain to the ref again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Oct. 09 2004,22:12)]I will tell you why Tony,

Because that is all the majority of Southend supporters do. Moan like a frigging drain about every player. God forbid the next player to complain to the ref again.
Wayne, I have some sympathies with them. Maher has every right as Captain to represent his team and ask the referee for clarification but some of his bookings have been ridiculous. You can virtually see the referee saying to Kev, "OK you've made your point, I've made my decision so let's get on with it" which seems to be a cue for Kev to have another pop.

If he was turning in poo performances every week it would be a serious matter. As per last season he has been a model of consistency so far this season and that's what really ****es me off.

How anyone can sit here moaning after last night baffles me completely. Certainly the most exciting game seen so far this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 09 2004,23:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Oct. 09 2004,22:12)]I will tell you why Tony,

Wayne, I have some sympathies with them. Maher has every right as Captain to represent his team and ask the referee for clarification but some of his bookings have been ridiculous. You can virtually see the referee saying to Kev, "OK you've made your point, I've made my decision so let's get on with it" which seems to be a cue for Kev to have another pop.

If he was turning in poo performances every week it would be a serious matter. As per last season he has been a model of consistency so far this season and that's what really ****es me off.

How anyone can sit here moaning after last night baffles me completely. Certainly the most exciting game seen so far this season.
I think the moans against Mahers bookings is valid,we are a small squad and any suspensions during the next two/three months will be crucial tot he teams cause.

At the end of the day the refs has the final word,and to be booked once for verbals is still unacceptable,but to be booked 7or 8 times is outrageous.Plus all the extra 10 yards the opposition gets for moving the ball forward adds to the woes of the defence

Accept the refs are poor in this league,and maybe we will have a full squad to pick from,you won't change it.

Look at the Rugby league,I know they have replays for incidences,but a the end of the day the ref has full respect of the players.I love Maher for his playing and commitment to the club however I cannot accept his emotions can cost us the playoffs or automatics

Back