• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Making of a Murderer

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Don't read this if you are still watching.

I found the old thread but couldn't get on with all the spoiler stuff, so in case anyone has a view........

Verdict was a total farce for me. Too many liars. Lenk was one, Scott Tadych another.
Why didn't the defence hammer Lenk on his lies? Why didn't they make more of the tampered with old blood sample?
The prosecution eventually decided she was killed in the garage. So are they suggesting she was killed, put in the RAV4 and driven 20 odd yards to the burn pit. If not they must be thinking Avery killed her, drove her somewhere else, burnt here and bought her remains back to his property.

If he used her car why didn't he crush it?
Why was only Averys DNA found on the key? Surely Teresas would also be there.

I thought the judge had made his mind up before the trial started, as had Krazt. Why was Krazt allowed to quote from Brendans statement to TV before the trial had started?

So many things wrong with this, which obviously point to the County not wanting to pay out for the original wrong sentencing, although if Avery had not taken the 400,000 settlement, surely he would have still been entitled for compensation regardless of whether he killed Teresa or not.

The thing is, if you read up a bit more on it the doumentary was edited to make SA & BD look as innocent as possible whilst casting doubt on other (TV) suspects - the brother & ex-boyfriend for example.

As I said, it was an absolute travesty of an investigation by the police that did everything possible to make sure they pinned it on SA & BD as personally I think they were guilty but just didn't have enough evidence, hence the mysterious appearing car key.

Agree with MK the whole thing does point to SA. Clearly she was not killed or raped in his bedroom and they have not proved the garage theory and they can't prove how she even died. Where the body was burned is also a mystery as bone fragments were found in a barrel, in a quarry and the burn pit.

It takes about five hours to burn a human to the level that she was found so you have to disguise the obvious smell with something like tyres, so who ever lived on that site must have known or remembered something.

Also the car looked like it had been hidden by two ten year olds. I know SA isn't the sharpest tool in the box but he must have learnt some tricks of the trade whilst he spent 16 years in jail.

Yes, further reading on the case is a must as the documentary has an agenda. That said, based solely on the case presented in court I believe there's no way either of them should have been found guilty. IMHO there's a huge amount of reasonable doubt.

I honestly have no idea if either of them are guilty or not - Avery's clearly a bit of a wrong 'un, but is he stupid enough to murder a young girl who was visiting him for a business appointment, clever enough to remove all traces of her DNA from the crime scene, and then stupid enough again to leave his blood on clear view in her car, a car he chose to leave parked on his land next to a car crusher which he had full access to?

So many things didn't add up, the trial was a total farce. Doesn't mean Avery is innocent mind you but the Sherriff's department had a clear conflict of interest and shouldn't have been any where near the investigation.

I have suspicions about Teresa's boyfriend, he was far too comfortable and unemotional during the trial for my liking. Seemed to be cosying up to the police.

Is there going to be a second series? Ive heard a few little thing here and there but nothing substantial. Would love it if there was!

I have suspicions about Teresa's boyfriend, he was far too comfortable and unemotional during the trial for my liking. Seemed to be cosying up to the police.

Agreed. If I remember correctly in the series, Theresa Halbach had only been missing for about 12 hours and he said something ridiculous like "I hope she's found alive or if not i just want to move on and grieve". What a bizarre thing to say considering she hadn't even been missing a day...

Is there going to be a second series? Ive heard a few little thing here and there but nothing substantial. Would love it if there was!
Pretty sure series 2 is on the way, but with SA's new lawyer so confident of getting him off I'm sure they'll wait for the happy ending before concluding it.

Agreed. If I remember correctly in the series, Theresa Halbach had only been missing for about 12 hours and he said something ridiculous like "I hope she's found alive or if not i just want to move on and grieve". What a bizarre thing to say considering she hadn't even been missing a day...
And don't forget it was friends of the Holbach family who found her car, during a search organised by her brother.

Back