• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man City Charged. Over 100 Breaches.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Man City have been charged by the Premier League with over 100 breaches of fair play rules, between 2009&2018. Lots to do with fiddling players and managers actual payments, not corresponding with what was declared. This also did not meet the Premierships League profitability and sustainability rules. Also they did not give full evidence asked for by the Premier League. It all came to light from a Portuguese man who hacked into some of the biggest clubs and football agents. He sold it to a German newspaper. Now it's out there, the Premier League have had to act. Basically they have fiddled the books to get the best squad and pay the best wages, beyond what is allowed. Allegedly, in my opinion. A.C. Milan, P.S.G and Chelsea are also under scrutiny for suspected similar according to a journalist, but not on the scale of Man City. Are any of us surprised? I don't think so. Do Billionaire owners also give players and managers massive backhanders and gifts for winning the Premier League or the Champions League? Almost certainly. The problem is as a journalist pointed out, if Man City get a massive fine of lets say £100Million, it's pocket change to these Billionaires. He also said it's unlikely the Premier League will back date a points reduction during those years, and rewrite the finishing tables, if found guilty. Of course it's not all over because Man City will get the best lawyers and experts in the World on this, and they will find every nook and cranny they can to discredit the evidence, or claim innocent errors were made or a misinterpretation of the rules, or some other feeble excuse.

They're now saying the ramifications are massive, if proven, then players and managers would have collected undeclared income. So HMRC and tax avoidance comes into it.

Man City have been charged by the Premier League with over 100 breaches of fair play rules, between 2009&2018. Lots to do with fiddling players and managers actual payments, not corresponding with what was declared. This also did not meet the Premierships League profitability and sustainability rules. Also they did not give full evidence asked for by the Premier League. It all came to light from a Portuguese man who hacked into some of the biggest clubs and football agents. He sold it to a German newspaper. Now it's out there, the Premier League have had to act. Basically they have fiddled the books to get the best squad and pay the best wages, beyond what is allowed. Allegedly, in my opinion. A.C. Milan, P.S.G and Chelsea are also under scrutiny for suspected similar according to a journalist, but not on the scale of Man City. Are any of us surprised? I don't think so. Do Billionaire owners also give players and managers massive backhanders and gifts for winning the Premier League or the Champions League? Almost certainly. The problem is as a journalist pointed out, if Man City get a massive fine of lets say £100Million, it's pocket change to these Billionaires. He also said it's unlikely the Premier League will back date a points reduction during those years, and rewrite the finishing tables, if found guilty. Of course it's not all over because Man City will get the best lawyers and experts in the World on this, and they will find every nook and cranny they can to discredit the evidence, or claim innocent errors were made or a misinterpretation of the rules, or some other feeble excuse.
Isn't that what led to the downfall of Boston and Steve Evans?

Banned from football. Seems sensible to me.

Imagine all then titles taken away and awarded to whoever was next in line.

This is long overdue and there recent impressive success has clearly been unfairly bank rolled IMHO.

Assuming they are found guilty which is far from guaranteed with the top legal minds that City will employ the punishment should be more than financial however large. Only retrospective points deductions thus reducing there Trophy haul or even a relegation will really drive home the message that cheats don’t prosper.

Attachments

• 71DDFE49-ACEE-42F0-A96C-99385E8D4297.png
    71DDFE49-ACEE-42F0-A96C-99385E8D4297.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Apparently a relegation to the Championship and a massive fine of much more than £100Million is more likely than a retrospective points deduction and taking away trophies and rewriting League tables, according to the experts. That's if the best lawyers and experts in the World they hire, can't do their normal magic of making guilty people and businesses innocent.

If found guilty can the owners of the club be deemed unfit to own a football club and be made to sell it as the Russian had to with Chelski..and Rangers punishment saw the club folded ,they had to start again as a phoenix club ,wonder if that could also happen with Man Cty.

Seeing some of the emails today on the TV, it is pretty damning. A lot of them about transferring the money from the owners, and onto some of the sponsors who are connected or part owned by the owners. One company set up as a sponsor paying out Millions doesn't even seem to do anything, other than act as a go between to transfer money. Then you have the senders of the emails to the financial men at Man City saying we have to make it look like this and that, so it doesn't look like payments are from the owners, and it doesn't break the money boundary's. It's like a football world money laundering thing to players and managers. Pep will be under suspicion as well, as when previously asked does he receive payments not declared, he got annoyed and said what sort of question is that? But even when pressed, he never said yes or no, just refused to answer the question.

Can only see this going on for a very long time, with no retrospective punishment.

As said already it seems most likely fines and relegation if it ever gets that far!

Potentially good news for any arsenal fans for this year, off field distractions for city could effect them on the field. But also could encourage them and push them on

Whatever the actual outcome of the verdict ends up being you can bet your bottom dollar on there being no meaningful punishment if they are found guilty.

Top lawyers will always find a get out/loophole to ensure the very rich and successful stay that way.

Whatever the actual outcome of the verdict ends up being you can bet your bottom dollar on there being no meaningful punishment if they are found guilty.

Top lawyers will always find a get out/loophole to ensure the very rich and successful stay that way.
Absolutely correct. But having seen some of the evidence today, I can't even see how the top men in the World can get City out of this. Yes they will give it their best shot and try every trick in the book. I think they will end up guilty of a percentage of the charges. Then come out and say how disappointed they are with the verdict, etc, etc. Playing the victim.

Not the first or last club to be involved in such financial shenanigans. The La Liga lads have been at it for years as have the Italians and latterly Chelsea and PSG. Even Bayern aren’t whiter than white regards their sponsorship deals.

One of the big reasons I much prefer following lower and non-league football.

I can remember when Melbourne storm were found guilty of breaching the salary cap back in the 90s i believe , they were stripped of 2 or 3 premierships they had won in that time, fined big time and made to play out a season without being able to win any points , also had to lose some big salary paid players so that they could get under the salary cap. But that was a witch hunt by the NRL as the only real reason they allowed Melbourne to have a team in the NRL is so it can be a true National Rugby League, To this day they still hate the thought of Melbourne having a team in the NRL.

So Man City are playing the victim card, saying the Premier League and EUFA are against them, and that 9 clubs wanted them booted out of the League. In my view they want a club that has cheated to help it's success, punished, as it should be. Simon Jordan said that if they are innocent, they would want this all to end quickly, and would want to clear themselves ASAP. He said they should be open and transparent if innocent. But he said they shouldn't delay, procrastinate, tie people up in legalese, to delay the consequences. He was more or less saying they would go down that route if guilty. But he has never said he thinks they are guilty or innocent. He's giving the public some knowledge so you can make your mind up. So in my opinion, they will use delaying tactics from the legal big guns they bring in, not showing the documents and correspondence between agents, the clubs financial side, and the owners agents, asked for by the Premier League, and putting the blame on everybody else as deflection. From what I've seen which is only part of the incriminating evidence, they will be found guilty, they may appeal, and could drag this out for about two years.

Turns out my son is friendly with the daughter of Man City's barrister.

Personally I'm not fan of FFP...... reason being it prevents smaller clubs who have finances behind them to challenge at the top table of english football. As football fans of any club we should have that dream, 1 day we could be a city as such. I look at Newcastle, they have mega rich owners but are currently being restricted in their spending. That's wrong in my opinion, FFP is preventing them from really challenging. As football fans we don't want to see the same sides challenging and winning honours, gets boring and predictable. FFP needs to be scrapped at top level football.

Newcastle arent doing a bad job at present ,seems their only flaw at present is too many draws ,thy also into the final of the league cup ,having there best season for many a long year .Instead of fighting off relegation which has been the norm for them for a number of years now .

Newcastle arent doing a bad job at present ,seems their only flaw at present is too many draws ,thy also into the final of the league cup ,having there best season for many a long year .Instead of fighting off relegation which has been the norm for them for a number of years now .
No doubt, there having great season. The point I was making is they can't go out and spend what they want due to FFP. Chelsea and City could when they came into money. These clubs aren't going to go bust overnight. Clubs with wealthy owners shouldn't be restricted in what they can spend. Lower league football that's bit different due to the lack of funds generating at that level.

Back