• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
From the Beeb

Sven-Goran Eriksson's emergence as Manchester City's prime managerial target will be greeted by a wave of indifference from those who inhabit Eastlands on a regular basis.

Eriksson is the favoured choice of proposed buyer, former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, and seemingly his influential advisor Keith Harris.

On the bright side for City, when Sven doesn't work out they might be able to entice Orville instead.

sorry but sven is an awesome signing for city.. he has one of the best reputations of any manager on the continent and i thought that even though he was a poor england manager, he will probably do really well up at eastlands

sorry but sven is an awesome signing for city.. he has one of the best reputations of any manager on the continent and i thought that even though he was a poor england manager, he will probably do really well up at eastlands

Poor England Manager? Doesn't he have one of the best records as an England manager? Don't get me wrong I never liked Sven as the England manager. I thought his choice of players was ****, tactics were old school but not good. But I don't know he has money and probably will do well.

How long will it take before he tries to get Becks?? He loves Beckham.

he was a poor england manager because:

he had a good record in qualifiers but against 90% of the teams we have to play we are the favourites... we shouldn't be losing them and under sven we tended not to.. so sven was good in this respect

however he picked very strange squads... including players like theo walcott.. that alone should set alarm bells ringing

his tactics were strange at times and seemed no real plan b, he always looked to rush players back when they weren't really fit

his main crime was a lack of motivation, and i felt this really showed under his reign... players were playing within themselves and the world cup our performances were so flat

Back