• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man City

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Anyone else sick of Man City? They've done the treble, which is a killer for other clubs. They are a rich man's play thing, which gives them such a massive advantage in regard to buying the best players available, the best Manager and back up team. The best training and fitness facilities and staff. The best of everything. Unbelievable salaries with silly bonuses for each trophy. On top of that, alleged cooking the books since 2013 to get a bigger advantage.

Whatever the financial stuff in the background that performance today was absolutely awesome. And I say that not liking them.

They are an amazing team but I would still rather support a club like ours.

Just like Chelsea a couple of years back- buy everybody up and loan them to championship and abroad.
Stinks to high heaven but Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas so don’t expect anything to change with this kind of money involved.
Don’t respect City one bit.
In fact, I’m all for a Euro league - the self centred can f*** off and play each other permanently and get richer and richer whilst they take the matches to China, Middle East and the States leaving their supporters high and dry while the rest of us get on with football.

Last edited:
Anyone else sick of Man City? They've done the treble, which is a killer for other clubs. They are a rich man's play thing, which gives them such a massive advantage in regard to buying the best players available, the best Manager and back up team. The best training and fitness facilities and staff. The best of everything. Unbelievable salaries with silly bonuses for each trophy. On top of that, alleged cooking the books since 2013 to get a bigger advantage.
They will soon be given a champions league ban hopefully.They will never have the respect that massive team's like Manchester United and Liverpool have.Any club could have success with their resources which is really a country backing a club.They play fantastic football though to be fair.Champions league record is very poor though

Totally majestic performance from them today, felt really sorry for Gomes!

This is half the trouble. They are on a different planet to most in the Premiership. When Watford had to attack and open up after going behind, the gulf in class became a joke, totally ruining the cup final for me.

I liked City when they used to slip on banana skins and celebrate their haplessness with the inflatable bananas. Also that side with Bell, Summerbee and Lee. A bit later with Dennis Tueart too. I used to admire Mick Doyle for his hardness. Oh, and they were great with Shaun Goater too. But now, no, not one bit. Though I do respect Pep and his passion for it all.

I liked City when they used to slip on banana skins and celebrate their haplessness with the inflatable bananas. Also that side with Bell, Summerbee and Lee. A bit later with Dennis Tueart too. I used to admire Mick Doyle for his hardness. Oh, and they were great with Shaun Goater too. But now, no, not one bit. Though I do respect Pep and his passion for it all.

Yes Rob, I liked Bell, Summerbee and Lee. Bell was a roadrunner that just never stopped. Summerbee was majestic on the wing, and Franny Lee was an explosive striker. For those too young. All played for England as well.

That was the side I used to see when I was, briefly, a postgrad.student in Manchester back in the 70's.Much better than Tommy Doc's lot.

Last edited:
Yes Rob, I liked Bell, Summerbee and Lee. Bell was a roadrunner that just never stopped. Summerbee was majestic on the wing, and Franny Lee was an explosive striker. For those too young. All played for England as well.

The real roadrunner from that era was Steve Kindon at Burnley.He used to play like he was running up and down tramlines on the wing (a sure sign of an ex-rugby player).

How can you get fed up of the club who stopped the Scouse ****s winning the league?

Not quite, they have not got the best fans, Southend has. :LoyalSupporter:

why do you prefer Man City over Liverpool?

Because I can deal with glory hunters. Grew up through the Red half of Manchester and their glory hunting fans. Liverpool fans are horrible, scummy and it’s funny watching them bang on about how many league titles they’ve won. Haven’t won the prem though! Leicester and Blackburn have hahaha!

Back