• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man U Tickets - Not much time to get one

Blue Shrimp

It will be a close run thing for all season ticket holders to obtain a Man U. ticket.

Yesterday the club sold 2000 from 6 terminals in 6 hours. (Ticket office opened from 10am to 4pm on Sunday.)

Therefore 2000 tickets divided by 6 selling points means each delt with 322 tickets in the period.

Divide this by 6 hours, means they were each working at 55 per hour, or about 1 per minute. Without breaks This seems to me to be as fast as possible.

Selling Monday & Tuesday. Selling period is from 9.30am to 8pm today Monday & from 9.30am to 1pm Tuesday a total of 14 hours.

I read we have 5500 season ticket holders. Therefore some 3500 are left.

Therefore 3500 divided by 14 hours, shows 250 must be sold an hour.

Divide by 6 terminals shows they must work at a rate of 41 per hour.

[/B]Without any breaks. Keeping up this rate of sale with be a close run thing.

This is why there might be a problem
rock.gif

Probably help if everyone took cash. The wife went today and said half the reason it took so long (from what she could see whilst queued in the office itself) was the people with credit cards and "issues".

Those with season tickets in hand and cash were being whizzed through.

It sounds like they are doing it pretty quick, but sounds like if people used common sense they could get even more done.

My dad just went and got me and my mates tickets for the game. He came back and said the guy who announces things at roots hall said all season ticket holders could of ticked a box on the registration form to do with cup games so they wouldn't have to cue! But my dads not convinced, anyone seen or ticked the box?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ozzy-shrimper @ Oct. 30 2006,18:30)]My dad just went and got me and my mates tickets for the game. He came back and said the guy who announces things at roots hall said all season ticket holders could of ticked a box on the registration form to do with cup games so they wouldn't have to cue! But my dads not convinced, anyone seen or ticked the box?
Sounds Rubbish to me

Application Form

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Oct. 30 2006,07:09)]It will be a close run thing for all season ticket holders to obtain a Man U. ticket.

Yesterday the club sold 2000 from 6 terminals in 6 hours. (Ticket office opened from 10am to 4pm on Sunday.)

Therefore 2000 tickets divided by 6 selling points means each delt with 322 tickets in the period.

Divide this by 6 hours, means they were each working at 55 per hour, or about 1 per minute. Without breaks This seems to me to be as fast as possible.

Selling Monday & Tuesday. Selling period is from 9.30am to 8pm today Monday & from 9.30am to 1pm Tuesday a total of 14 hours.

I read we have 5500 season ticket holders. Therefore some 3500 are left.

Therefore 3500 divided by 14 hours, shows 250 must be sold an hour.

Divide by 6 terminals shows they must work at a rate of 41 per hour.

[/B]Without any breaks. Keeping up this rate of sale with be a close run thing.
Far be it for me to doubt you or what the club state have been sold and, of course the hard work the people in that office are doingbut do you think that 2000 people all bought tickets just for themselves. I for one got 4 tickets and my pal got 5.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Oct. 30 2006,18:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ozzy-shrimper @ Oct. 30 2006,18:30)]My dad just went and got me and my mates tickets for the game. He came back and said the guy who announces things at roots hall said all season ticket holders could of ticked a box on the registration form to do with cup games so they wouldn't have to cue! But my dads not convinced, anyone seen or ticked the box?
Sounds Rubbish to me

Application Form
I think he was talking about the Autopay Box

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 30 2006,18:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Oct. 30 2006,18:35)]
[b said:
Sounds Rubbish to me

Application Form
I think he was talking about the Autopay Box
just about to say that you beat me to it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Oct. 30 2006,19:35)]
[b said:
Sounds Rubbish to me

Application Form
Not at all - Page 5 Payment Method "4:Autopay [ ]"

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 30 2006,19:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Oct. 30 2006,19:35)]
[b said:
Sounds Rubbish to me

Application Form
Not at all - Page 5 Payment Method "4:Autopay [ ]"

wink.gif
I never knew what that meant......

and seeing that just reminded me.....
I paid £1-50 to get my ticket posted but then I had to pick it up!
Did that ever get resolved/explained or did those 6000 x £1.50s get the beers in in bermuda?!
wink.gif

We might be a little club???
But at least our ticket office stays open until 7-8pm before a game game ie Chelsea.
That way people that go to work (we do that in North Essex) can get tickets after work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Oct. 30 2006,23:51)]We might be a little club
rock.gif

But at least our ticket office stays open until 7-8pm before a game game ie Chelsea.
That way people that go to work (we do that in North Essex) can get tickets after work.
You have to put a space before an emoticon or it won't work.

That wasn't your only mistake though. The ticket office was open from 9 this morning til 8 this evening. I understand there will be similar hours on Wednesday and Thursday but being less relevant to me, I haven't paid as much attention!
oops.gif

Back