• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Man Utd ticket suggestion

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 27 2006,15:52)]Mick it does say that all priorities are subject to availability, but I will alter it to make it more clearer.

The tickets that aren't available for Man U will be held back to last but then by altering this as third priority we'd been killing the people who turn up and buy on the night all the time or leave it to the last minute.

I think we all agree there is no perfect system, but this is as close as we will get IMHO.
I appreciate the difficulties; I just forsee horendous problems when 3000 people are all trying to choose a seat on Wednesday!

Out of interest how many seats will be available on Tuesday and not for the Man Utd game? Presumably a thousand or so.
So potentially a 75% chance of a ticket for stub holders??

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond to these issues.

I believe the Ticket Office will be offering next best available seats.

Yeah around a 1,000 - although there's no guarentee we will even have to sell those for the home game at this moment in time (saying that I've not seen an update on sales but there's been a steady flow at the Ticket Office).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 27 2006,16:36)]although there's no guarentee we will even have to sell those for the home game at this moment in time
then you would be able to adopt my suggestion
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 27 2006,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 27 2006,15:52)]Mick it does say that all priorities are subject to availability, but I will alter it to make it more clearer.

The tickets that aren't available for Man U will be held back to last but then by altering this as third priority we'd been killing the people who turn up and buy on the night all the time or leave it to the last minute.

I think we all agree there is no perfect system, but this is as close as we will get IMHO.
I appreciate the difficulties; I just forsee horendous problems when 3000 people are all trying to choose a seat on Wednesday!

Out of interest how many seats will be available on Tuesday and not for the Man Utd game? Presumably a thousand or so.

This is something I brought up last night on a previous thread. Demand will exceed supply if Hull seats are sold which will not be available for the MU game. A figure of around a thousand has been quoted.

Apart from a free-for-all ensuing on Wednesday as people realise that a stub doesn't guarantee a ticket, it will not help public relations and secondly may raise security issues.

If and when these 'additional' tickets go on sale, can they not be stamped thereby distinguishing a third tier priority enabling those particular stub holders to obtain any MU tickets that are left on the Sunday before the game.

It would however have to be made clear at the time of purchase of these third tier tickets that there will be no guarantee of a MU ticket (as there would be for non stamped ticket)

Any thoughts anyone

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fred @ Oct. 27 2006,18:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 27 2006,16:15)]
[b said:

This is something I brought up last night on a previous thread.  Demand will exceed supply if Hull seats are sold which will not be available for the MU game.  A figure of around a thousand has been quoted.

Apart from a free-for-all ensuing on Wednesday as people realise that a stub doesn't guarantee a ticket, it will not help public relations and secondly may raise security issues.

If and when these 'additional' tickets go on sale, can they not be stamped thereby distinguishing a third tier priority enabling those particular stub holders to obtain any MU tickets that are left on the Sunday before the game.  

It would however have to be made clear at the time of purchase of these third tier tickets that there will be no guarantee of a MU ticket (as there would be for non stamped ticket)

Any thoughts anyone
Right (well) said Fred.

I can but agree, as that is what I suggested albeit in less detail.

Back