• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager of the month?

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
4th October today - when is the Manager of the Month for September going to be announced?

Please let it be after Sunday's match....

wow.gif

Stop this 'curse' nonsense! Superstitious rubbish.

Plus, last time Tilson picked up the award, he won his next game (home to Bristol Rovers) anyway.

The league 2 nominations were on the box this morning, which makes me think the league 1 will be tomorrow and then championship Thursday. Might be repeats of yesterday though so it could be today that the nominations are made.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 04 2005,12:41)]I think Kenny Jackett will win it anyway, based on the fact that Swansea are top, and included in last months results was the 7-1 battering of Bristol City.
Dont work like that.

Hence "manager of the MONTH"

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 04 2005,12:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 04 2005,12:41)]I think Kenny Jackett will win it anyway, based on the fact that Swansea are top, and included in last months results was the 7-1 battering of Bristol City.
Dont work like that.

smile.gif
It does work like that, at this early-ish stage in the season - they tend to look at the league table, see who is top, and award thus.

Anyway Swansea in September are unbeaten as well, having won 3 and drawn 2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 04 2005,12:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
Dont work like that.

smile.gif
It does work like that, at this early-ish stage in the season - they tend to look at the league table, see who is top, and award thus.

Anyway Swansea in September are unbeaten as well, having won 3 and drawn 2.
I'm assuming there was no award for August then?

If it is just September's results that count, I will be pretty pi**ed off if Tilly doesn't get it - curse or no curse (which incidentally I think is nonsense).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Oct. 04 2005,13:07)]I'm assuming there was no award for August then?
You assume incorrectly. There was an August Manager of the Month, and it was won by Huddersfield's Peter Jackson...

I cannot see how they can give the September MotM award to anyone other than Tilly... and it is richly deserved. And the "curse" thing is cobblers, as Tilly proved last season.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 04 2005,13:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Oct. 04 2005,13:07)]I'm assuming there was no award for August then?
You assume incorrectly.  There was an August Manager of the Month, and it was won by Huddersfield's Peter Jackson...

I cannot see how they can give the September MotM award to anyone other than Tilly... and it is richly deserved.  And the "curse" thing is cobblers, as Tilly proved last season.

Matt
Indeed, and they were promptly thumped 4-1 at home by Scunthorpe.
ghostface.gif

We shall see who gets it - I just feel that it'll be Jackett's award - it's not 6 wins in a row, but its unbeated, they are top, they are more media-loved, they have Trundle - and I know this should have nothing to do with a MotM Award, but it does.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 04 2005,14:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 04 2005,13:31)]
[b said:
You assume incorrectly.  There was an August Manager of the Month, and it was won by Huddersfield's Peter Jackson...

I cannot see how they can give the September MotM award to anyone other than Tilly... and it is richly deserved.  And the "curse" thing is cobblers, as Tilly proved last season.

Matt
Indeed, and they were promptly thumped 4-1 at home by Scunthorpe.
ghostface.gif

We shall see who gets it - I just feel that it'll be Jackett's award - it's not 6 wins in a row, but its unbeated, they are top, they are more media-loved, they have Trundle - and I know this should have nothing to do with a MotM Award, but it does.
some times its best to admit defeat
oops.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Dont work like that.

smile.gif
So you're saying it's like... the "MANAGER"... of the "MONTH"?

That's awesome!!

(They'll have a man of the match award next)

Back