• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manchester Arena Explosions

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Sad news so far 19 confirmed deaths after Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. Many more injured.
Suspected terrorist attack.
Now being confirmed by Police as a terrorist attack.

To target mainly young girls and teenagers innocently coming out of a pop concert is beyond words. Every one of these attacks are heartless and outrageous. But they are becoming more common, and it's only a matter of time before fans going to, or coming out of a football stadium are the target.

They already have done, Stade De France immediately comes to mind.

But if it does turn out to be a terrorist attack, I completely agree with 70's comments... This takes it to a whole new level of terrorism. They don't care who they kill, as long as they kill someone.

By no means could I ever justify any kind of terrorism, but bombing a government building or say a politician that ordered the mass bombing of a foreign country is one thing, but nail bombing innocent young girls and teenagers going to see their favourite pop idol, is on a whole new low level of pond scum in my book.

Words fail me. How much lower into depravity can the world sink?

When are world and religious leaders on all sides and of all convictions going to stand side by side and say enough is enough? My guess is our response will be to go and bomb the crap out of somewhere in the Middle East or Asia. You'd be surprised to learn how many bombs we've actually launched this year. By all means be tough on terrorism but where is the meaningful global strategy?

Really sad news to wake up to. Thoughts go out to the families who's lives are ruined for ever and the injured in Hospital. Just heard a woman on the BBC desperately appealing for her missing daughter.

22 now confirmed dead.

What a shocking thing to wake up to!

Thoughts to all those at the Manchester Arena last night.

A lot of news, sadly, you become hardened to.

Then someone stoops even below that level.

A concert full of children, some now confirmed amongst the dead ... FFS!

When the scum that sit around planning this sort of thing, consider the venue and people attending and still think it's a good idea .. Well there really is no hope for them .. No hope, whatsoever.

May they, their beliefs and everything associated with them, rot in the hell they deserve!

Targeting children is particularly sadistic but evil will always try to find new levels of low.

What was comforting at 11/12 o'clock last night was the amount of people on twitter offering spare rooms in central Manchester for anyone stranded for the night or needing a calm space. The news that big hotels were being offered and used as a collection points for lost children. That taxi drivers were working for free. Offers of lifts from nearby areas to go and pick up kids who couldn't get home. And then this morning shared information about donating blood.

Some pricks passing on false information and a few Americans pontificating and showing a complete lack of understanding about how things are here, but mostly people sharing useful information for relatives of those effected, and offers of help.

How sick do you have to be as a human being to bomb a pop concert full of children? Sadly these events are becoming more and more frequent and less and less shocking, although you wouldn't expect something like this to happen in Manchester. Europe seriously needs to get tougher on this problem for the good of its citizens.

Happened on the four-year anniversary of Lee Rigby's murder too. ISIS have been known to pick significant dates.

First thing that occurred to me, I seem to remember the concourse area of the MCR. being rather narrow, and small. A lot smaller than The O2, for example.

I can only imagine the panic & chaos trying to flee that area, at quick speed.

One evil ******* who will undoubtedly be claimed by ISIS. It's the act of a coward to go and deliberately target a concert of young people, I don't know what security could have done. At the end of any event, the doors are flung open to let people get out as quickly as possible, a concert like this where parents were waiting to meet their children there will have been no chance of identifying the bomber.

Well done to the people of Manchester who opened their homes, their hotels, their cabs (not Uber I note, who surfed their prices by three times!) and their hearts to try and help those who were lost or needed help. As always, it's the ordinary folk who should be lauded, who are the heroes.

How sick do you have to be as a human being to bomb a pop concert full of children? Sadly these events are becoming more and more frequent and less and less shocking, although you wouldn't expect something like this to happen in Manchester. Europe seriously needs to get tougher on this problem for the good of its citizens.

Happened on the four-year anniversary of Lee Rigby's murder too. ISIS have been known to pick significant dates.

My guess more to do with G.E

Sounds incredible that no bags were being checked going into the arena.

I would have thought in this day and age every bag would be searched at events like this, to be able to get something the size of this in is unbelievable.

My guess more to do with G.E

I really dont think they would have been motivated by the election.

Sounds incredible that no bags were being checked going into the arena.

I would have thought in this day and age every bag would be searched at events like this, to be able to get something the size of this in is unbelievable.

I really dont think they would have been motivated by the election.

I think with these nutcases sadly where theres a will there's a way. As has been reported this seems a very sophisticated attack, they would no doubt have planned how to get the bomb in, how to conceal it. No doubt now security will be ramped up across all music venues, festivals etc.

I think the bomber never actually went into the concert just waited until everybody was leaving. It could have just as easily been a sporting event, shopping centre or busy train/underground station.

I think the bomber never actually went into the concert just waited until everybody was leaving. It could have just as easily been a sporting event, shopping centre or busy train/underground station.
From what I've seen, this seems to be the case.

Nothing anyone can do to stop it unfortunately.

Sure ISIS will claim it but suicide attacks aren't usually their style.

I think with these nutcases sadly where theres a will there's a way. As has been reported this seems a very sophisticated attack, they would no doubt have planned how to get the bomb in, how to conceal it. No doubt now security will be ramped up across all music venues, festivals etc.

Id be surprised if its any more than a man with a rucksack.

Doesnt have to be sophisticated to cause carnage though.

The security shoudnt have to be ramped up, should already be in place. I was searched going to a John Prine concert the other week, a gig for old people!

I did wonder if it was outside, lots of conflicting information though at moment.

Even if it were outside its still worrying they werent checking bags even if it wouldnt have stopped this one.

Sadly we best get used to these kind of atrocities. I can't see an end in sight to the slaughter and murder here and around the world.

RIP the dead, and **** the **** that did it.

Just heard it was in the foyer. Even with the lapse security not a lot can be done when they do that.

Back