• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mark Bentley

...as we all know a real unsung hero at times. Truely fantastic last season, but, by his own admittion, not enough goals. Having grabbed two in this pre-season, it really has increased the difficulty in picking our midfield, as you cant leave him out.

His goal against Norwich was outrageous, but can anyone verify that his goal last night was also fantastic as indicated by the official site?

Benno hasn't got the technique of someone like Jay Smith yet he works tirelessly for the cause, never gives less than 100% and gives us some much-needed bite in midfield. Without him, last season may well have been another spent in mid-table mediocrity.

What a selection headache we have for next season... Maher, Bentley, Guttridge and Smith... all class acts in midfield!

Bentleys goal last night was a belter!! He picked up the ball about 25 yards out took one touch and curled it into the corner of the net from 20 yards. I hope he can get a few more like that during the season.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 27 2005,14:57)]Benno hasn't got the technique of someone like Jay Smith yet he works tirelessly for the cause, never gives less than 100% and gives us some much-needed bite in midfield. Without him, last season may well have been another spent in mid-table mediocrity.

What a selection headache we have for next season... Maher, Bentley, Guttridge and Smith... all class acts in midfield!
What about Mitch, Gower and Petts?

I agree about Beno's determination, and i think his technique is actually better than we appreciate, because his first touch is generally so bad, but he never shys away from a challenge. He is also a really nice guy, which is a nice added bonus.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swfshrimper @ July 27 2005,14:59)]Bentleys goal last night was a belter!! He picked up the ball about 25 yards out took one touch and curled it into the corner of the net from 20 yards. I hope he can get a few more like that during the season.
wink.gif
Are u surgesting better than Saturdays?!?!

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 27 2005,15:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (swfshrimper @ July 27 2005,14:59)]Bentleys goal last night was a belter!! He picked up the ball about 25 yards out took one touch and curled it into the corner of the net from 20 yards. I hope he can get a few more like that during the season.
wink.gif

wow.gif
No, he's suggesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 27 2005,15:00)]What about Mitch, Gower and Petts?
Oops. I meant central midfield! If Mitch turns out to be as good a prospect as he looks and we can get Gower back to how he was in 03-04, then we will have one of the strongest midfields in the division, with excellent options for attacking formation (Gower + Cole) or a more defensive minded one (Petts + cole/Gower)

Then we have Guttridge who can also play on the wing...

Sadly I could'nt make the game on saturday but from hearing from others who were there both goals are very similar. In other words $%&*ing good:p
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 27 2005,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 27 2005,15:01)]
[b said:
wink.gif

wow.gif
No, he's suggesting.
tounge.gif

I never said i could spell

Cole Maher Bentley Gutts for me. Smith has to prove he is fit and up to it after his injury. Gower has to improve massively. Petts is too defensive.

COLE SMITH GUTTS GOWER FOR ATTACKING

COLE MAHER BENTLY PETTS FOR DEFENDING.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 27 2005,15:16)]COLE SMITH GUTTS GOWER FOR ATTACKING

COLE MAHER BENTLY PETTS FOR DEFENDING.
No need to shout
tounge.gif

Anyways, I'd like to see us start with Cole Maher Bentley Gower. This would be the best to use in my eyes because we have a left winger thats left footed and a right winger thats right footed. A central midfielder that can sit back whilst others attack, and a central midfielder that covers every blade of grass and is in good form.

At places like Bradford, Forest and Bristol City, where we would be delighted with a point I'd suggest Petts Maher Bentley Guttridge. As we all know Petts is very defensive minded and does a fantastic job of cover for the full back. I've said about the two in the middle and with Gutts on the wing, we have someone that can tuck in a make it three in the middle or even four if Petts tucks in. Gutts will cover the full back well and attack when required.

I dont agree with this defensive set up and attacking set up, that implies we are happy for other sides to dictate games. For me you have your team, and you make the opposition play your game. Its all well and good playin petts at bristal city etc, but when we go 1-0 down then weve got a problem.

yeah. i deally it should be one defensive midfielder and one attacking midfilder. so for example smith and bently or gutteridge and maher. but then if we are leading by a few goals with not long to go go to a more defensive midfield with maher and bently for example or if the other way around losing and needing to attack go for smith and gutteridge. but then I ain't Tilly and i am sure I speak for everyone when I say he knows what he is doing and he will play the way he wants to play.

Back