• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Anyone done this for their kids recently? Thinking of doing it as a Christmas present for my youngest when we are over at the end of the year. He'll have just turned 8 by then - worth doing?

My son was a mascot at the Luton game. He'd just turned 8 and he absolutely loved it.

My son did it a couple of years ago. Its a great experience and allows the kids to get close to the players, get pictures and autographs, visit the dressing room etc and they get a few goodies.

It's good value too - the full kit and 3 match tickets is worth almost £100, so all the extra stuff is only really costing you £50 or so.

My son was mascot agianst Wolves in the 1986-87 season , it was a game that we had to win which we did Martin Ling scored for Southend and was played in front of over 10,000 , it was a great night he met all the players and his picture taken with all of them , he sat between Shane Westley and Danny Oshea at the team talk before the game , it is something that you dont forget when your son leads the team out , I know he loved it .

Anyone done this for their kids recently? Thinking of doing it as a Christmas present for my youngest when we are over at the end of the year. He'll have just turned 8 by then - worth doing?

Certainly worth doing. My son was a mascot years ago and he loved it.

He's been lucky enough to be mascot over here for Brisbane a couple of times and even handed out medals (including to the winning captain) at the Grand Final in front of 50 odd thousand people. But as I told him, that will be nothing compared to stepping into the hallowed turf at Roots Hall.

My boy did the honours at Torquay away a few years back (I believe there is a clip on You Tube of him striding out to a rendering of 'Who's the w*nker in the pink ?!?' - charming). When he emerged from their (temporary) dressing rooms he exclaimed 'Dad, Bilel Moshni's got a massive willy !!'.

My kids havent been mascot but did a presentation last season to Sokolik. They loved the experience of seeing the tunnel, being on the pitch etc.

Being a mascot would be even better.

He's been lucky enough to be mascot over here for Brisbane a couple of times and even handed out medals (including to the winning captain) at the Grand Final in front of 50 odd thousand people. But as I told him, that will be nothing compared to stepping into the hallowed turf at Roots Hall.
Did he meet Brendan fevola :hilarious:

My (6yrs) son handed out the POTM month trophy to Timlin in March, & absolutely loved it! :happy:
He got to meet both Timlin & Barrett, as well as sit in the dugout & meet Sammy & Elvis. Plus, it was the community day, he got asked to be a mascot for Kick It Out, and had his photo taken wearing a shirt signed by all the players.
He still talks about it :smile:

So yep, being a 'proper' mascot would likely make your kid's xmas.:thumbsup:

Not a mascot but when I was 34 I was introduced to the players and Tilson in the changing room before the previously unknown Freddie Eastwood's made his debut against Swansea.

I remember being gutted that Tes Bramble wasn't playing..... .

I remember

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea Andy,hopefully something Leo will never forget.keeps the family chain going

100% its worth doing, Great value for money and the two coaches that look after them at amazing with the kids. We would happily do it again but maybe next time a bigger game

Definitely worth doing, but if you can't get it arranged, maybe get him signed up to Junior Blues and I can arrange a Player of the Month presentation, which, as others have already said above, is also a great experience!

My niece (the little blond one!) was the mascot against Shrewsbury. She absolutely loved it and was so excited to meet Sammy! The club were great with her and making sure she was ok as she's partially sighted! Well worth it.

Was looking at signing him up for that anyway. Still looking at doing their Christmas party this year? Get him in a room with a bunch of proper Essex kids might do something about his Aussie accent!

Last edited:
Was looking at signing him up for that anyway. Still looking at doing their Christmas party this year? Get him in s room with a bunch of proper Essex kids at do something about his Aussie accent!

Haha! Yep, fingers crossed!

my mate is a Reading fan who was a mascot at Roots Hall years back. He scored a pen past Shaka Hislop and has told me about it a few times well over a decade later, i'm well jeal

Back