• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matchday travel (2a) - Drivers and Parking

If parking became limited to due supporters/club growth and street restrictions, would you?

• Get the train

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Use other methods of travel/arrival

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Consider using JustPark to find a local space

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Consider using other apps to find a local space

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Target man

Striker
This poll is specific to people who drive to games, whether parking at the ground, nearby streets or other.

To contribute towards sustainability and desired success, it is estimated that the club would need around 10,000 regularly attending matches. Therefore, if this was the scenario, reduced parking may be required at the club car park to accommodate space for storage of building materials, stadium advancement, and to accommodate the Fanzone to name a few projects.

In effect, there would be additional pressures on surrounding street parking, which could result in further resctrictions being applied.

If this were the case, an alternative method of travel or parking may have to be looked at by supporters.

Therefore, would you get the train, look at other methods of arrival, or use the JustPark App to find local parking at minimal cost (approx £4 - £5) for matches to ensure you had a guaranteed space each game?

Justpark-logo.png

The JustPark platform connects drivers with over 350,000 privately owned and commercially operated parking spaces across the UK and Ireland, available to book hourly, daily, or monthly basis. Drivers can book parking on-demand through a website and mobile app to secure parking on driveways close to airports, theatres, sporting venues, events and more.

Please select via the poll.

Last edited:
I'd probably get the train (Stanford to Westcliff) then a short stroll past some of the drinking establishments en route (Mile and a third, West Road tap)

Perhaps now Ron is finally out of the door (just his fingers to left to wrestle from the door frame of the exit) the parking with Southend High School could restart again. Good income stream for the school (and schools must surely be trapped for cash in this day and age) Not sure why it stopped as it as always quite busy.

For some and that includes me I dont have any other option but drive and park.Parking has always been in the street but due to difficulties with parking at the hospital and the closure of parking at Soutjend High School is getting increasingly harder.I am how having to leave home a lot earlier in order to park.Have tried Just Park app but struggled to find any spaces in the area.

For some and that includes me I dont have any other option but drive and park.Parking has always been in the street but due to difficulties with parking at the hospital and the closure of parking at Soutjend High School is getting increasingly harder.I am how having to leave home a lot earlier in order to park.Have tried Just Park app but struggled to find any spaces in the area.
I've just posted to raise awareness on this subject for situations like yours.

Parking campaign - please help your fellow fans!​

Used to use the school until the rat hacked them off as well. Very fortunate to live within a couple of minutes of the 20/25 bus stop. The current £2 single deal and only takes 15 minutes so don't need to leave until 2ish. Evening games is a different matter so sadly I do blank a few.

Last edited:
Instead of giving other people money to park on their drives how about getting in touch with the club to try and sort out a park and ride scheme from somewhere further out?

How full does the council offices car park get on a Sat? Could a offer be done where the council offer sat afternoon parking for fiver or something?

What other large spaces are there around that could offer match day parking within walking distance?

It's not clear at present how big the FanZone is going be and until we do we will have a better idea .However the car park is the only area available for the Zone.

I have always parked in priory park, on the rare occasion, usually at the beginning of the season, that it’s full, I use prittlewell station. Not practical for me to get a train in. So I would just keep doing what I do. I certainly wouldn’t pay extortionate price to park on someone’s drive.

Where would you put it out of interest?
If it was me i'd ideally like to have put it in the section highlighted red, but we don't own half the land (believe its got permimission for flats.

It all depends on what land Ron and the consortium have agreed to exchange. is it the lot or is Ron keeping some.

Its not got to be massive. Crystal Palace have got quite a nice fanzone that can accommodate around 500. I'd put it potentially in the blue section and even eventually knock the ticket office club shop down and incorporate that into it like they have at Crystal Palace

1707744314003.png

Link to Crystal Palaces Fanzone

If it was me i'd ideally like to have put it in the section highlighted red, but we don't own half the land (believe its got permimission for flats.

It all depends on what land Ron and the consortium have agreed to exchange. is it the lot or is Ron keeping some.

Its not got to be massive. Crystal Palace have got quite a nice fanzone that can accommodate around 500. I'd put it potentially in the blue section and even eventually knock the ticket office club shop down and incorporate that into it like they have at Crystal Palace

View attachment 31110

Link to Crystal Palaces Fanzone

I understand the red section (recently boarded up) is privately owned so out of our reach. The area in front is the likely location I would expect, so there would be some parking space lost if so.

If parking became too troublesome then I am afraid that I would stop going. I just can't walk that far these days and having to walk from any of our train stations is quite beyond me. I have caught the bus in a few times this season when Kev has been coming along later, and found that relatively easy but wouldn't want to do it going home.

Last edited:
Just for some perspective in this discussion, we have been in existence for 118 years now, and for a fair chunk of that time supporters have come to matches by car. Of course parking can be a pain in the arse, t'was ever thus, but we still keep coming, and back in the day the old ground was housing well in excess of 15/18k in pre Championship days. Of course getting in and out of the car park is difficult after games, as it is from most places close to the ground. I can spend 20 minutes sometimes, just to get to the lights at the Blue Boar before turning left. Some of that is nothing to do with match day traffic, it's just the load coming out of Southend.

I thoroughly endorse sensible parking near to the ground, but it ain't always going to happen, and not because of football traffic, there is a pressing need for more parking at the hospital, and as a result there is an overspill of cars into the surrounding roads. Probably the best way to relieve the load a bit is to discuss parking again with SHSB, and understand why it stopped. Also more car sharing might be useful.

I would continue to drive and park on the streets. I would likely park further away if parking restrictions were introduced at my usual parking place.

I wouldn’t want to pay for any parking as I am happy to walk further and although I occasionally use the train, it very rarely seems to run on a weekend these days.

Back