• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matchday Vendors Wanted

romany_blues

Have just read the latest news on the club site, where they are advertising for 'presentable young men' for the new scheme they will have put into place.
Is it just me or is this sexist, and I believe it's against the law to descriminate people because of their age, race, beliefs and GENDER!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (romany_blues @ Aug. 10 2006,13:43)]Have just read the latest news on the club site, where they are advertising for 'presentable young men' for the new scheme they will have put into place.
Is it just me or is this sexist, and I believe it's against the law to descriminate people because of their age, race, beliefs and GENDER!
AGE is included in the above job description, too.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (romany_blues @ Aug. 10 2006,12:43)]Have just read the latest news on the club site, where they are advertising for 'presentable young men' for the new scheme they will have put into place.
if it really bothers you that much.. call the police or the club
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Aug. 10 2006,13:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (romany_blues @ Aug. 10 2006,12:43)]Have just read the latest news on the club site, where they are advertising for 'presentable young men' for the new scheme they will have put into place.
if it really bothers you that much.. call the police or the club  
suspect.gif
Thats discrimination though, I mean what if he doesnt have a phone?
wow.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Aug. 10 2006,12:50)]You can discriminate on age in the work place
... only until new legislation on 1st October.

AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHH !! people or should i say persons like you will be the death of this country ! what do you do for a good night out read a copy of the Health and Safety guide whilst sitting on a railway platform ?? why dont you report it to Mr Blair and the thought police if you are that bothered ......:angry:

It seems a bit sexist the ad in question!

Surely Females can do this job also!!

I see a similar thing at Newmarket Racecourse the other night where males and females went round with big drink back packs.

Oh cripes here we go again didnt think this kinda thing would be discussed on a SUFC messageboard though.
sad.gif

[b said:
I'm appalled by this announcement on the OS - making tea and selling pies is clearly womens' work  
laugh.gif

If you ask me, I think it's a good thread. A nice change from the usual moaning regarding printed shirts, new numbers and ''the two people that were wearing printed shirts away at Palace''!!!!

Wait until you see whar we're wearing on Saturday.....There's gonna be a war!!!

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Aug. 10 2006,18:35)]If you ask me, I think it's a good thread. A nice change from the usual moaning regarding printed shirts, new numbers and ''the two people that were wearing printed shirts away at Palace''!!!!

Wait until you see what we'rewearing on Saturday.................There's gonna be a war!!!

wow.gif
i told you i'm not going to be the back half of the horse, its not a fancy dress day!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 10 2006,18:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Aug. 10 2006,18:35)]If you ask me, I think it's a good thread. A nice change from the usual moaning regarding printed shirts, new numbers and ''the two people that were wearing printed shirts away at Palace''!!!!

Wait until you see what we'rewearing on Saturday.................There's gonna be a war!!!

wow.gif
i told you i'm not going to be the back half of the horse, its not a fancy dress day!
mad.gif

Have the front then!

Are these going to be the same backpacks warn by vendors at other sporting venues, such as Twickenham? Although they're usually selling beer!!!!

it is now illegal to discriminate on the basis of age.
The new pension regulations make this very clear, be it direct or indirect.

e.g. "Young vibrant employee wanted" implies older people are not vibrant. Illegal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 10 2006,19:02)]Are these going to be the same backpacks warn by vendors at other sporting venues, such as Twickenham? Although they're usually selling beer!!!!
Probably - but as we well know, football fans can't be trusted to drink beer during the game. Even though the same people go to rugby, cricket and boxing matches, and can drink there...

Back