• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt Harrold back in the groove on Saturday ?

CC51DAS

President
If no Leon - see other thread - which seems at least 50/50 right now , then surely Matty has to be recalled to at least the bench on Saturday . Without him there is no-one to hold the ball up and bring the midfield into play . ChasMac looked like a lost lamb ( pardon the pun last Saturday against the Swans tall defenders )

I respect T+B's decision to change things around a bit to stop opposition managers easily second guessing the way we play , but surely if Harry is not even on the bench that takes out one option .

If no Leon - see other thread - which seems at least 50/50 right now , then surely Matty has to be recalled to at least the bench on Saturday . Without him there is no-one to hold the ball up and bring the midfield into play . ChasMac looked like a lost lamb ( pardon the pun last Saturday against the Swans tall defenders )

I respect T+B's decision to change things around a bit to stop opposition managers easily second guessing the way we play , but surely if Harry is not even on the bench that takes out one option .

to be honest I would rather play Barrett upfront then Harold!!!!

I'd have played Barrett up front at the end of last season as I said at the time. I think he's got most of the attributes to be a decent targetman but he's too important at the back and I don't think we're at that stage yet.

We'd have done a lot better at Swansea had Matt Harrold been on the pitch instead of Charlie Mac. I'm not sure I'd start him at the moment though.

Barrett though seriously does have some very good driving runs with the ball something that I just don't see with Harold!

Yep, the maverick part of me loves it when Adam goes charging off. To be fair , though, it's probably much easier for Adam to nip past a couple of strikers who don't like tackling than it is for Matt to weave through four defenders who can't wait to rake their studs down his lower leg.

I'd have played Barrett up front at the end of last season as I said at the time. I think he's got most of the attributes to be a decent targetman but he's too important at the back and I don't think we're at that stage yet.

We'd have done a lot better at Swansea had Matt Harrold been on the pitch instead of Charlie Mac. I'm not sure I'd start him at the moment though.

Barrett can't play with his back to goal,facing it he's good no question.Needs to be coming onto the ball to be effective.

Is Tilly brave enough to play him in front of the baying RH crowd so soon??

Think Clarke will be back, but if not then Im not overly keen to see Harrold back, would rather Morgan and McDonald I think.

The only problem is we wont win anything up front with them two.

Harrold needs a complete break from the team at the moment. Get a few reserve games under his belt, a few goals hopefully and then come back into contention at the end of January.

Harrold can’t find the groove on he’s other half, and that’s got a little bit of hair around it? What chance has he got getting back in team! groove
;) :rolleyes:

charlie has to be given a few more games, give him time and he will be the next eastwood, he has the same swagger and i just sense when he gets that confidence and the fans start cheering him on then those goals will just keep on coming, clarke and charlie up front with deano either on the wing or save him for later on the the bench .

charlie has to be given a few more games, give him time and he will be the next eastwood, he has the same swagger and i just sense when he gets that confidence and the fans start cheering him on then those goals will just keep on coming, clarke and charlie up front with deano either on the wing or save him for later on the the bench .

Given that he's not far off being 27, I think we'd have known by now if MacDonald was ever going to be anywhere near as good as Freddy. And even though he's tied on zero with Matt Harrold in terms of league goals, the fans do seem to cheer him on.

Given that he's not far off being 27, I think we'd have known by now if MacDonald was ever going to be anywhere near as good as Freddy. And even though he's tied on zero with Matt Harrold in terms of league goals, the fans do seem to cheer him on.

well maybe we should give Jamie Lindie a chance if Leon's not fit - he certainly has an eye for goal - and while we're at it what about a place on the bench for Rhys Henry ?

How does the saying go ? - if you're good enough, you're ......

Nobody to hold the ball up if Harrold isn't there? There isn't anyone to do it when he's in the team anyway.

;)

Back