• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billy is the best

Youth Team
Played in goal for Crawley today. Came on midway through the first half and gave a fine performance despite letting in two goals.

I always rated his ability to prevent the ball from going in the net.

You will be surprised but both Sturrock and Brown wanted him back, however he didnot come, one reason was the way the crowd react to him

so yes the pressure does get to them

UTS

You will be surprised but both Sturrock and Brown wanted him back, however he didnot come, one reason was the way the crowd react to him

so yes the pressure does get to them

UTS
I know he has regrets about his time here and wished he could have done better, feel very sorry for him as he seems a great bloke, although I have no idea how he is playing League 1 football.

Brought himself on in the 94th minute of a 2-2 draw.

Just spotted Harry Kewell is manager of Crawley. Good grief. Money grabbing wasted talent he was.

Just spotted Harry Kewell is manager of Crawley. Good grief. Money grabbing wasted talent he was.

There is a story about Harry Kewell dating back many years to his time at Leeds. The team was losing (I think) and possibly to a lower league team in something like the F.A. Cup and one of his team mates said to Harry "Have you got a work permit?" and when Harry said "Yes" his team mate replied "Well, why don't you use it then?"

Can't remember if it was for Leeds or Liverpool he was playing for when he took a dive in the box and got a pen against a lower league team. He got up and said to the player he got the penalty off "that's football mate"
I've never really liked the premier league since then if I'm honest. The real shame of this is Kewell was right.
Can anyone else think of a sport where cheating is such a acceptable part of the sport?
Southend is my team and I'll always support them and attend games but football certainly isn't my number one sport.
Give my occasions like the Lions or the Ashes on the opening day at Lords anytime thanks.

Can't remember if it was for Leeds or Liverpool he was playing for when he took a dive in the box and got a pen against a lower league team. He got up and said to the player he got the penalty off "that's football mate"
I've never really liked the premier league since then if I'm honest. The real shame of this is Kewell was right.
Can anyone else think of a sport where cheating is such a acceptable part of the sport?
Southend is my team and I'll always support them and attend games but football certainly isn't my number one sport.
Give my occasions like the Lions or the Ashes on the opening day at Lords anytime thanks.

I blame the parents.

funny old thing - rugby is a violent sport where cheating involves things like gouging eyes -

cricket is full of dodginess - including match fixing - ball tampering - claiming non catches - sledging

but agree kewell was a pratt

Back