• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strike Force

Striker
MattPat35
Great result for the boys today wish I was involved like but I'll settle just being the commentator haha 20 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Does anybody think this is pretty ridiculous considering he is still contracted to Southend United? I don't care if he hasn't been given enough chances with us, a tweet like that is pretty disgusting considering Southend still pay his wages (barely)

Surely a sackable offence.

The way Paterson has been treated by this club, with unpaid wages last year, then being made to train with the youth team and shipped out on loan, I really can't blame him at all.

I think all fans need to get a reality check. If it was your employer that treated you like crap, and things were made so bad in your job you had to leave to a lesser company, and take a pay cut, then if your new company won a contract from your old company then we would all feel the same as Matt.

Just because they are footballers, does not make them robots.

The way Paterson has been treated by this club, with unpaid wages last year, then being made to train with the youth team and shipped out on loan, I really can't blame him at all.

I think all fans need to get a reality check. If it was your employer that treated you like crap, and things were made so bad in your job you had to leave to a lesser company, and take a pay cut, then if your new company won a contract from your old company then we would all feel the same as Matt.

yep agree with that fully and do feel sorry for matt.

You're right to be fair, he should have just said something more neutral.

No Martin, I don't think he's disloyal at all. Been treated terribly, always performed on the pitch when he's been allowed to and scored goals too. He knows his days here are all but over so good luck to him I say.

No Martin, I don't think he's disloyal at all. Been treated terribly, always performed on the pitch when he's been allowed to and scored goals too. He knows his days here are all but over so good luck to him I say.

totally agree - treated terribly by RM.

Ron - what must it be like to have so many people dislike you, and I know it's not just in the world of football that people think this as well

Although he has been treated badly and hasn't been given much of a chance he should still be more professional than this. After all we still pay the majority of his wages..... oh hold on..................

Strike Force - you sound like the sort of 'fan' who would accuse a player of 'disloyalty' for not clapping the fans after a 4-0 defeat, yet feel you have the 'right' to abuse players like Sturrock, Gilbert, Prosser etc. Grow up.

If he was any good he wouldn't be playing for us in the first place, let alone be loaned out to some no rent bunch of mugs up North.

I say **** him.

Nothing wrong with that atall! Especially given the circumstances. Sturrock has basically said Pato has no future at the club anyway, as he's not his type of striker

Under contract here so should probably just keep it to himself but not really that fussed.

In the various threads about unpaid wages, there were numerous posts about the consequences should someone in a "normal" job not get paid.

If someone in a "normal" job had done this , they would have been sacked, there have been numerous stories of people slagging off their workplace on FB and losing their jobs over it.

Patterson , has no particular loyalty to southend, why should he, we only got him as a makeweight in the Barny deal, Two managers didn't rate him enough to play him regularly, he joined in a the midst of financial turmoil and found himself unable to earn anything resembling a similar wage elsewheer so chose to stay put. when others walked
When the club finally find someone who will take him off their hands and pay a bit for it , its the bottom club in the league who are in more of a freefall than we we are.
The lad must be disillusioned with the whole game, its not long ago we was being feted at that big team Southampton....

Thankfully he's played his last game for us so he can say whatever he likes where I'm concerned.

Maybe he can get a contract at Stockport next season and finally be playing at the level he should be.

Back