• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe Time To Bring Luke Gutteridge Back

CHEMICO FC

Manager
:thump: :thump: :thump: WE WON LAST TIME HE PLAYED I WOULD BRING HIM BACK NEXT GAME. TO MANY PLAYERS GAVE THE BALL AWAY,HE IS WORTH A GO AGAIN AFTER HIM WHO IS THERE,ABOUT TIME WE HAD SOME RE INFORSMENTS DONT YOU.

:thump: :thump: :thump: WE WON LAST TIME HE PLAYED I WOULD BRING HIM BACK NEXT GAME. TO MANY PLAYERS GAVE THE BALL AWAY,HE IS WORTH A GO AGAIN AFTER HIM WHO IS THERE,ABOUT TIME WE HAD SOME RE INFORSMENTS DONE YOU.

I take it that statement is made in context against yesterdays game yes?

If so just what exactly is Gutts going to bring to a side that's been playing well against Championship opposition?

Maher & McCormack didn't exactly cover themselves in glory yesterday but that's more down to the quality of the opposition rather than being naff players.

If you advocating bringing Gutts back just because we lost, which your statement clearly implies, then please think about what your saying. Yesterday was a game against a quality opposition playing at the top of their game on home soil, NOT a team made up of Championship quality players and therefore your opinion that Gutts should be back in the side really does hold no water whatsoever.

Oh, and I see you've found the CAPS key again.:guns:

Jeez Chemico, is he your mate or something ?

Who would you drop ?

Maher, our skipper, or McCormack, probably our best player since he joined ?

What has Gutts done to deserve getting in the side ? Apart from being substandard all season and wanting to leave ?

ah man it wont let me use caps on here, whats with that? I wanted that post to look sarcastic.

I take it that statement is made in context against yesterdays game yes?

If so just what exactly is Gutts going to bring to a side that's been playing well against Championship opposition?

Maher & McCormack didn't exactly cover themselves in glory yesterday but that's more down to the quality of the opposition rather than being naff players.

If you advocating bringing Gutts back just because we lost, which your statement clearly implies, then please think about what your saying. Yesterday was a game against a quality opposition playing at the top of their game on home soil, NOT a team made up of Championship quality players and therefore your opinion that Gutts should be back in the side really does hold no water whatsoever.

Oh, and I see you've found the CAPS key again.:guns:
WE BEAT CARDIFF WHEN HE PLAYED LOST TO DERBY WHEN HE WAS DROPPED AGAIN AN PUT ON FOR 2 MINS WHY.

WE BEAT CARDIFF WHEN HE PLAYED LOST TO DERBY WHEN HE WAS DROPPED AGAIN AN PUT ON FOR 2 MINS WHY.

Just because we beat Cardiff when he played and lost to Derby when he didn't (regardless of the fact Derby were by far one of the best sides to visit the Hall in a long while) does not make him any better than Maher or McCormack.

As has been said, would you bring on Collis because Flavs let in three yesterday? Same argument.

And for the last time, quit the CAPS please. Thank you.

Think the other 10 players helped in that though.

We beat WBA, Barnsley and Southampton without him.

You still havent said who we should drop ?

Chemico, please could you back up your argument with a reasoned response.

I fail to see what Gutts could bring to the side that both Maher and McCormack don't do already and to a better standard. If you think I'm wrong then please enlighten me.

It surely is no coincidence that our form on the pitch has improved since the inclusion of Macca in midfield and Mahers ability to impose and control the midfield has by and large never been in question. Gutts ability on both counts has, I'm afraid, on more than one occasion.

There is no way that Guttridge deserves a chance based simply on attitude

He was brought on yesterday for 2 mins.

I watched the screen as he came on, he simply walked on and stood still.

He then did nothin for 2 mins

And when the whistle went literally walked straight down the tunnel, when subs, managent etc, where coming to thank the fans.

Furthermore, on weds at the meeting, when he arrived he was last off hands in pockets, couple of people said 'Hi Luke'. Not even a word, a smile nothing, one guy said "cheer up Luke''. But once again no response.

No respect for the fans of the managment at the moment so why play him, and im sure if we had had a half decnet midfielder fit for the Cardiff game then Gutts would not have played but Tilly had no choice

Pato

We can all have differing opinions but I find it strange he is his biggest fan when pretty much everyone else can see Gutts should be no better than 3rd choice.

If that were me Id be questioning myself!

As far as I'm concerned Guttridge can **** off, his general attitude at the moment stinks and I thought maybe being sent to the hole that is Leyton Orient might have made him realise how good he's had it here, obviously we haven't got the numbers just to get rid of him but I hope we do in the summer.

I agree somewhat. He has got a lot to do to redeem himself in my book. And I suspect a lot of other peoples too, and that's not just on the pitch but off it to.

I also watched him get off the coach last Wednesday and I have to say I remarked at the time that his whole demeanour seemed to smack of 'I really couldn't be ****d with all this'. As opposed to Sodje's who got off just in front of him who nodded, smiled and generally acknowledged all those around him.

There are those players that have got a lot of time for us the supporters, Flavs and Barret to name but two, but Gutts has a reputation for being distant towards us and always has had but if he really wants to get back 'on side' so to speak then he really has got a mountain to climb as far as attitude is concerned.

Back