• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Alrite everyone

January 10th is the next date for our regular Supporters Liaison Group meetings. As usual myself and Cockle will be representing Shrimperzone. As you know Danny Macklin has moved on, so we will be meeting his successor (or successor's successor) Rhys Ellingham for the first time.

At our last meeing, we concentrated on the issues of smoke bombs etc. Indications are that the matter has been resolved and we didn't need to report back.

So, do we have any items we want raised? (please don't waste a post asking about Phil Brown, clearly, we can't discuss that)

We will be looking at getting an update on the proposed developments at Fossett's Farm, updates on improvements to Roots Hall and any news about player movements.

This might seem a bit old stuff LF, but is there any chance at all that the refurb of the mens toilets in the West Stand will actually happen, and if yes, can it be before Fossetts Farm is built? At one stage last Monday supporters were having to avoid parts of the toilet for fear of flooding over shoes, and it wasn't water.

It's Ellingham, Kerry :winking:

And to RHB, Dave Jobson made a point of bringing Patrick Van der Waag over Monday to show him the state of things. He seems to be taking up the reins on things to do with maintenance around the ground at the moment.

Last edited:
Why was the West Stand Bar not open at halftime until a good 5 minutes after the whistle had been blown? The stewards/security stopping anyone entering, this resulted in over 100 patrons queuing up in the gangway at the back of the West Stand blocking it completely, no one could get past to go to the toilets or the food/drinks bar etc. More importantly it reduced everyone's drinking time and must be considered a severe fire risk.

Why were the toilets in the North end of the West Stand completely flooded again.

ask them to sort out the fiasco of supporters waiting to get in the west stand bar at half time - blocking the walkway for 10 mins before HT - big time H&S issue I would think - ie for disabled supporters trying to use the disabled WC + I think there is a ladies WC which becomes inaccessible + we have seats in the back row & fans have to walk along our row as they can't use the proper walkway at the back of the stand (because of this queue) to reach the Men's WC ---- which has usually flooded with P**S

There was a big flood in the West which caused major problems, that caused delays in things being opened. As to the walkways, it's something I've highlighted many times and the stewards ARE supposed to be monitoring - it's one to go straight to Jobbo with.

On the subject of the West stand bar. Can we ask what variety of plant/shrub it is that's growing on the roof and quite literally coming through the ceiling.

The west stand bars ceiling is quite literally spitting down on everyone and has blown out the lights.

It's ridiculous that customers feel like they are outside in the rain whilst inside. Bar staff with hoodies up whilst pulling pints.

Kits...can't we please for the 11345th time please drop the boring Nike Teamwear range please

As to the walkways, it's something I've highlighted many times and the stewards ARE supposed to be monitoring - it's one to go straight to Jobbo with.

But the stewards ARE the problem, we never had this problem before stewards were placed on the entrance doors that stop people entering the West Side Bar (even though it is half empty), this causes the queue to back up into the walkway blocking it off.

If the question has been asked that many times, why will asking it again make any difference?

yes.....As I've read the previous meetings the question wasn't presented in the right manner

But the stewards ARE the problem, we never had this problem before stewards were placed on the entrance doors that stop people entering the West Side Bar (even though it is half empty), this causes the queue to back up into the walkway blocking it off.

I believe that the club have been instructed by the Safety Officer to limit the numbers in the West Stand “bar” due to health and safety issues. They are supposed to count you in and out, unfortunately this doesn’t appear to be happening.

On the subject of the West stand bar. Can we ask what variety of plant/shrub it is that's growing on the roof and quite literally coming through the ceiling.

The west stand bars ceiling is quite literally spitting down on everyone and has blown out the lights.

It's ridiculous that customers feel like they are outside in the rain whilst inside. Bar staff with hoodies up whilst pulling pints.

A cannabis plant would be my bet.

How much does a costume cost for Elvis, seems bizarre the club does not have the money for something I would imagine was not a huge expense
I know the kids loved both of them when parading around

UTS

yes.....As I've read the previous meetings the question wasn't presented in the right manner

you've what and what??

Give me the question you want to ask, and I'll ask it, word for word.

But I expect the answer will involve the words "contractual obligation" or "commercial in confidence".

Back