• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Members of the Consortium

chadded

Not striking since 2004
So who are the consortium?

Completely unfounded, but I'm going to guess that the owner of Adventure Island is one of them, Philip Miller

I'd also hazard a guess that someone (pl?) from Insure and Go are also part of it.

Can anyone else think who might be involved?

In the echo
five of the names are...

Phone Entrepreneur, Paul Athaesen.
Danish Commodity Trader, Lars Steffenson.
Accountant, Gavin Simons.
Office Service providers, Rob Stillwell and
Mark Gordon

''They still Want to buy the Blues''

Pages 2 and 3

to takeover any club the football league under their rules will need to run a fit and proper test on each of the individuals so the question is would they all pass? are all their financial affairs in place and have any of them ever had problems before with tax people etc so its not all simple i have personally never heard of any of them
hand over your quid and you can sit in the directors box...

eh oh jeez how do we run a football club?

my belief is martin will pay the bill and southend will go on and be promoted to the championship this season

who are the other 5

I think it gives a few figures in the echo on page 2! but we will never know how much anyone who runs this club or any club has! But it almost seems certain that they have more dough than Uncle Ron!

I know of some of these names, one very well. Not an SUFC fan, THFC in fact, but I'm not sure this is important.

There is a strong mobile phone link - mpc I think. Anyway, good to have more than one option available.

to takeover any club the football league under their rules will need to run a fit and proper test on each of the individuals so the question is would they all pass?

I honestly don't believe it takes too much to pass this test looking at the owners of some football clubs, so wouldn't see this as an issue.

i reckon insure and go have got something to do with it. gary lockett is a huge fan and he was a director but left because apparently very unhappy with the way ron was running the club. so would make sense.

Mark Gordon

In 1995 Mr Gordon began a franchise business called MPC Mobile Phone Centre which started with a single retail unit in Enfield. The business grew over the next few years under a franchise model until there were 15 MPC outlets in the UK. The business was consistently profitable, with a turnover of £8m at its peak.

Today this same business has been reshaped to deliver 60% of its turnover from B2B mobile solutions and consumer from its own managed UK based call centre and continues as a Vodafone Premier Partner and a profitable business, now re branded as Evolve Telecom.

MARK%20GORD%20EVOLVE.jpg

The amount of alcohol i've consumed in his nightclub must surely entitle me to a place on the board?

indeed, you, Seymour and Mr B would make quite the committee!

Back