• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If he can't get into the Braintree team is he going to turn out to be another of our over-rated youths:net:

Ricky said last night that he was recalled because he wasn't getting enough game time - partly because Braintree have started so well the manager was reluctant to change the team there.

A good promising player that he is but will he be up to playing against a side in the top 3 of League 2.

He has impressed to some degree in the pre season games so he has been given a 6 month contract as an extension of that to see how he goes, as we have cat 2 status this year we will be putting a lot of money into developing young players and need them for our under 21 league squad, these lads will form part of that group with a view to further progression if they improve.

Seem to recall Luggy raving about him when he first joined and then never really playing him.

Didnt know the Farmers had signed Clinton Morrison too. Both he and Sears are decent names on paper but Morrison I think is a yesterdays man and Sears has a worse scoring record than almost any other striker in the game.

Yes I am concerned about Clinton but it is early days as yet so we shall see, Sears has hit the ground running in pre season with 4 goals so far, he has always shown promise but never quite got there however with a full season to look forward to, playing on a regular basis at a lower level than before I think with the right support he could do very well.

spoke to a west ham about sears the other day, had nothing good to say about him, said he scored on his debut and then never did anything else in about 3 years. awful player. and merrick was never played, saw him in reserves a couple of times and he looked tidy

just wiki'd him (sears), 93 appearances, 4 goals. shocking return for a striker, even blair wipes the floor with him!!!! though i did have a soft spot for blair :winking:

Really, he got a great ovation from both sets of fans when we played the Hammers pre season, we spoke to lots of their supporters none of whom had a bad word to say about him, they think he was a steal on a free transfer and that he would do well for us in league one.

just wiki'd him (sears), 93 appearances, 4 goals. shocking return for a striker, even blair wipes the floor with him!!!! though i did have a soft spot for blair :winking:

I must admit that looks bad but remember the vast majority of those appearances were as a sub, he is not really an out and out striker because of his slight build more an attacking winger creating chances for others.

Back