• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MFI Now gone

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Not sure if this is old news but MFI have now closed there doors for good

i will miss those flat packs and the missing screw as you are about to finish putting it together!!

Jesus, that is a real shocker. I can't believe companies like this are having to do that, surely there is people who would buy them out. I can't believe how bad the current climate is.

Isn't Woolworths going to be shutting their doors soon?

Woolworths close at stages... 300 shutting on the 27th, 300 more on the 2nd and the last 200 on the 5th.

Zavvi on the brink too, Not looking good at all for retailers.

Woolworths close at stages... 300 shutting on the 27th, 300 more on the 2nd and the last 200 on the 5th.

Zavvi on the brink too, Not looking good at all for retailers.

I thought Zavvi was owned by Virgin?

I thought Zavvi was owned by Virgin?

No, Virgin Megastores stopped after Branson sold/released that part of the Virgin company to a select few CEO's/Executives. Zavvi is the outcome of that as they rebranded.

They're still connected as, IIRC, Branson still sits on the board but earlier this week Zavvi refused a £500,000 loan from Virgin to help with stock levels so they can get through Christmas.

I have never really liked Zavvi to be honest. I think places like Play.com and Amazon are going to be the death of places like Zavvi and HMV.

I have never really liked Zavvi to be honest. I think places like Play.com and Amazon are going to be the death of places like Zavvi and HMV.

The same way stores like Zavvi and HMV were the death of Woolworths...

mfi, like woolies, have been on the brink for years..all coming at the same time isnt helping th 'feelgood' factor..Ikea do it better and cheaper...thats life!

Back