• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Timlin could be set to play through the pain again

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
According to the Echo, Timlin will play through the pain again on Saturday. What a hero.

According to the Echo, Timlin will play through the pain again on Saturday. What a hero.

To be fair the guy did set the bar for playing through pain quite high during the playoffs... After all when we have all seen his skull, whats a few bruised ribs!

I actually think he's barking mad to play, but it shows the amount of competition there is in the squad now, miss out one and it's hard to get back in. Lets hope he doesn't damage himself more eh?

Last edited:
Such a trooper. He's become my favourite player just because of how bloody committed he is. A player that definitely earns their pay cheque.

To be fair the guy did set the bar for playing through pain quite high during the playoffs... After all when we have all seen his skull, whats a few bruised ribs!

Speaking from experience, both bruised ribs and broken ribs hurt about the same amount, which is to say a lot! You notice it most when moving suddenly or making sudden changes of direction, so to play a football match even with "only" bruised ribs is quite brave. Take your point about playing through his head injury though. Timlin is certainly nothing if not committed!

We should not under estimate the positive effect this level of commitment has on other players- a leader of men indeed (I suspect one of the few you could put on the rugby pitch and other than 10 mins in the sin bin would make it to the end..)

We should not under estimate the positive effect this level of commitment has on other players- a leader of men indeed (I suspect one of the few you could put on the rugby pitch and other than 10 mins in the sin bin would make it to the end..)

His level of commitment is beyond question but do we really need to risk him hurting himself even more this early in the season? I'd rather see him rested for a week or two to make sure he is fully recovered and 100% fit. I can see him becoming a target which could put him out for a long time. None of us want that.

His level of commitment is beyond question but do we really need to risk him hurting himself even more this early in the season? I'd rather see him rested for a week or two to make sure he is fully recovered and 100% fit. I can see him becoming a target which could put him out for a long time. None of us want that.

very good point. i suppose the counter is that after Saturday Gary Deegan is back from suspension so having one, other or both could make it worth the risk. i wouldn't risk him myself but Timlin > Atkinson

Was going to point this out myself GHG.

Back