• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's had his knockers but IMO he is not only the best signing Sturrock made but one of our all time great players.
Broken bones and spilt blood for the cause. One hard paddy who can play a bit as well.
Yours views, good and bad please...

Always had a lot of time for him, never fails to give his all and no-one can ever forget the Timlin skull cap following the injury en route to Wembley. Best player Sturrock signed? Not for me, that would be Lenny, but very close to the top.

His goal against Stevenage in the second leg play offs was such a brilliant moment! Personally I love the bloke and the way he plays! Keep up the good work Tims! :thumbsup:

He's done ok considering he was never going to play for us again a couple of months back. Apparently. ��

I think Ryan Hall was a very good signing. Regardless of attitude, he was a damn fine player. Assists and goals, he could do both. I know it was a loan deal but still, Assombalonga too.

Although Sturrock signed Lenny it's been under Brown he has flourished

Yeah agree with this. Lenny was a right back and eventually promoted into the Carl Pettefer defensive right midfield position under Luggy. It wasn't until Brown came in that Lenny really came to the fore. I personally think with the right management that there's more to come from Lenny too. So much potential. I would still love to see him in a Steven Gerrard style box to box midfield role driving the team forward. He's great defensively but if he scored more goals he wouldn't still be here.

He's had his knockers but IMO he is not only the best signing Sturrock made but one of our all time great players.
Broken bones and spilt blood for the cause. One hard paddy who can play a bit as well.
Yours views, good and bad please...

I reckon Ryan Leonard was his best signing (no disrespect to Timlin)

We've had better players but Timlin and Corr would be in the conversation for my favourite ever XI.

I love Timlin, he really is a wholehearted player. His eye for a tackle reminds me of Mark Bentley, in that he only sees the ball, he doesnt care the % against the other player. This is a rare ability, he isnt dirty, he is just hard and tough. Also, as ive alluded does to on many other occasions, he gets football. You can tell. If you watch him, he is always talking to the players, giving advise, using his to demonstrate the pass and the movements people should be making.

Sturrock has given Southend some very special players, Corr, Timlin and Lenny for me, proper Southend greats, but also Coughlin, we owe PS an awful lot. He gave us some identity back. I remember that first game under his management, against Stockport. It was heart breaking for me, not knowing any of the players, that hadn't happened over a summer for me in all my years of supporting Southend, but some of these players really gave their all for us and the badge.

I've waffled here, but for me, players like Timlin are the life blood of lower league football. They give you that identity that you dont always get, in leagues dominated by 1 and 2 year deals and a revolving door of players.

Timlin, carry on doing what you do, because I love it !

( Note, he also gave the best ever block tackle in front of the West Stand, when he burst the ball..... that my friends sums him up... he wont shirk anything. The goal against Stevenage should be shown to all players who ever dare not show 100% to their Club, this man was cut open just 4 days prior and here was, getting the goal that took us to Wembley ).

Michael has the steel and bite that is often needed in a defensive midfielder. He puts in the miles with a work rate that others could do worse than emulate.
It has been posted that he has been arguing with team mates, on occasion of late; AND this is correct. Michael often comes across to Phil, listens and then spreads the word to the other players of what Phil wants, requires and expects them to do. This has been the reason for some of the discussions that I have seen: that to me doesn't exhibit anything less than being a good pro.
I hope his contract is renewed for another season, inwhatever division.

I really Timlin. He's a rare player at this level, in that I think his 'football brain' is better than his footballing ability.

Back