• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mickey Bell

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Mr Bell has been touted around as a possible left back option, by a few postees - Matt the Shrimp being one IIRC.

It seems that Cheltenham are after his services - thats probably a more likely destination I would think, although Bell has surely got to be better than Ronnie Bull?

rock.gif

Robins ring his Bell

It wasn't me that mentioned Bell... alas, I know very little about him.

Cheltenham makes sense from a "not having to move" point of view for Mickey, though...

Matt

What is it with left backs with similar sounding names? Bell, Bull..who's next Michael Ball?

I don't think Mickey Bell would be a good signing. On CM his pace is 6 and stamina 5.  And before anyone jumps down my throat, I couldn't give a monkey's what he is like in 'so-called' real-life. You can't base your transfer dealings on such spurious criteria.

Cheers.

I heard Julian Dicks is coming out of retirement!!
wow.gif

Oh god imagine that. At least we could abuse him every week!
laugh.gif

Yer it was me.

Would be a good signing. Great left foot, and was the set piece taker while he was in the Bristol City side. Released becuase of an injury affected season, but from what I've heard, his fully fit.

He has the experience of League One football as well, which is always a bonus.

Another left back out their is Joe Keith from C********r. My Col Ewe mate is always raving about him and is in a state of shock that he was released. His been offered a deal by Bournemouth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phil08 @ June 21 2005,14:15)]I heard Julian Dicks is coming out of retirement!!
wow.gif

Oh god imagine that.  At least we could abuse him every week!
laugh.gif
Good grief. I thought he'd had some terrible injuries that had effectively ended his career...

Cracking player, though.

Matt

Julian Dicks. Thats a name I haven't heard for ages. Doesn't he run his own pub now?

FA cup against the shammers back in the early-mid nineties JUlian Dicks was absolutely immense. He bossed the game from left back and they looked threatening whenever he got the ball. Nutter - but a quality nutter!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 21 2005,14:23)]Another left back out their is Joe Keith from C********r. My Col Ewe mate is always raving about him and is in a state of shock that he was released. His been offered a deal by Bournemouth.
I saw this story about Bournemouth offering Joe Keith a deal on the Sky Sports website at lunchtime & did think (if we can all get past Col Ewe prejudice) that he could well do us a job as a left-sided utility player. Him, Che & Nicky (if he re-signs) all vying for 1st XI selection sounds like a very healthy situation to me.

The same article also has a mention of former Sunderland winger Thomas Butler who has been released by Hartlepool. He interested Celtic a couple of years ago IIRC, but his career seems to have fallen off the rails somewhat, although I've heard a couple of rumours as to why this is!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 21 2005,15:31)]former Sunderland winger Thomas Butler ... career seems to have fallen off the rails somewhat ... I've heard a couple of rumours as to why this is!
Do tell - I'm bored sh1tless at work
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 21 2005,15:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 21 2005,15:31)]former Sunderland winger Thomas Butler ... career seems to have fallen off the rails somewhat ... I've heard a couple of rumours as to why this is!
suspect.gif
I don't want to awaken the legal wrath of MtS as you 2 seem to be having so much fun today!

Let's just say, he's not your stereotypical boozing, drug-addled, female abusing footballer, from what I have heard!

[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif
If you think work's bad, try watching Henman on the telly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 21 2005,15:59)]
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif
I don't want to awaken the legal wrath of MtS as you 2 seem to be having so much fun today!

Let's just say, he's not your stereotypical boozing, drug-addled, female abusing footballer, from what I have heard!
You mean he's more likely to be part of Leeboy and Che's clique?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 21 2005,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 21 2005,15:59)]
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif

You mean he's more likely to be part of Leeboy and Che's clique?  
biggrin.gif
I can neither confirm nor deny such allegations at this stage!

tounge.gif

Back