• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Micky Stead

Great player in that amazing title winning team in ‘81 Myself and my wife only missed one game that season! Take it easy mate and take your time over the recovery

Great player in a great team..one of the best ever
Get well quick Micky,maybe see you soon at Roots Hall...keep the faith

Wishing you well Micky. One of the players who I watched regularly, before, during and after my university years. Great team and good memories. Hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

Thank you everyone for your messages (106 in all from all sources) which have been copied & pasted in to a word doc and passed to Micky's wife - I'm sure they will prove to be a real boost not only to Micky but his family too.

Will keep you posted re news.

Mods - thanks for putting this on Chit Chat, it can maybe go back to Ex Shrimpers now 👍

MICKY STEAD UPDATE: Micky has just called us this morning from his hospital bed to say he is finally making good progress (he went in back in April). Various complications led to him having surgery for a ruptured bowel at the start of this month, but he now hopes to be home in a couple of weeks and he just called to say that the messages we gathered from you all meant so much and gave him such a boost to know that people cared. He was quite humbled by it all.
Micky says he won't make the start of the season (unsure if he meant to play!) but hopes to get back to Roots with his family before Christmas when we can all give him such a huge welcome. Like us all he is following the future of our club closely, and if the deal can be done today that will be another huge boost to Micky's recovery.

Back