• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mid table mediocrity

brigg blue

Newbie⭐
After today's results we are essentially safe from relegation, Weymouth need to win 3 games more than us to overtake us and they have only won 4 games this season.

As this season is going to rather fizzle out, which teams in the mid table would you be happy to finish above.

For me I'd be extremely happy if we caught Grimsby as they are on a bit of a slide.

As many as possible and don’t we get more money the higher we are.

After today's results we are essentially safe from relegation, Weymouth need to win 3 games more than us to overtake us and they have only won 4 games this season.

As this season is going to rather fizzle out, which teams in the mid table would you be happy to finish above.

For me I'd be extremely happy if we caught Grimsby as they are on a bit of a slide.
Love to finish above those east London mugs from Dagenham

We won’t finish as high as Dagenham but a top 12 finish is possible which would represent huge progress from the sorry position we were in when King Kev took over. Don’t think too much higher than 12th is realistic..

Must say i cringe a bit when people say we are safe already.... yes we are improving, but we did only just beat kings lynn at home by a fluke penalty.... 3 injuries and ron not paying the wages and we are ****ed again....

Ill relax when we are DEFINITELY not going down.

I think we should be aiming for top 10, which I think is achievable. Play offs no. Just miss and we finish around 12th, a vast improvement on our prospects about 6 weeks ago.

Must say i cringe a bit when people say we are safe already.... yes we are improving, but we did only just beat kings lynn at home by a fluke penalty.... 3 injuries and ron not paying the wages and we are ****ed again....

Ill relax when we are DEFINITELY not going down.
We definitely wont be going down even if we had lost to Kings Lynn.

They were lucky they got away with a clear handball 5 minutes earlier and another 10 mins before that.

Stockport got a lucky 1-0 win when the ref never gave either of the two 100% penalties......There will be plenty of more what ifs as we are in the NL but from now on the only way is up. Starting with the 3 teams above us, then target the next group of 3.

What a great time to enjoy life and football.

We definitely wont be going down even if we had lost to Kings Lynn.

They were lucky they got away with a clear handball 5 minutes earlier and another 10 mins before that.

Stockport got a lucky 1-0 win when the ref never gave either of the two 100% penalties......There will be plenty of more what ifs as we are in the NL but from now on the only way is up. Starting with the 3 teams above us, then target the next group of 3.

What a great time to enjoy life and football.
I sincerely hope your right rigsby. But i still wont be convinced until its fact.

Im very optomistic tho which is a wonderful thing given our recent history.

When would we become mathematically safe if we won all of our remaining matches and the three in the relegation zone lose all of theirs (or draw with each other)?

How on earth can anyone say we are safe?

Our next 2 games are against teams around us who are also fighting for their lives and then we have a month where we could in theory pick up F all.

Yes we are on a decent run, but against teams in bad form. Every team in this league is capable of winning 3 or 4 games on the bounce and I certainly won't be considering we are safe until the maths backs it

How on earth can anyone say we are safe?

Our next 2 games are against teams around us who are also fighting for their lives and then we have a month where we could in theory pick up F all.

Yes we are on a decent run, but against teams in bad form. Every team in this league is capable of winning 3 or 4 games on the bounce and I certainly won't be considering we are safe until the maths backs it
Totally agree. We’ve built up a decent head start. Nothing else at this stage.

How are we safe? If we lose a few games and Weymouth win a couple during that time we will only be 3 points above the relegation zone. What if Weymouth sign a decent strikers and their form improves or we get a bad couple if injuries(which we are known for). Things can change so quickly which we have shown by winning.
I don't want to sound negative but it's worrying that people think we are safe when only a few weeks ago we were in the relegation zone. What happens if players stopped getting paid(again we are known for that)

It is far to soon to call anything, There are still 20 odd games and 60 points to play for. If at the end of the day we end up mid table that will have been a successful recovery season after where we started from.

Of course I expect auto promotion, it is always good to dream. ?

I just hope we keep the momentum going wherever we end up. Need to finish the season on a high to keep momentum going into next season for a real promotion or at least play-off push. We're still way too much of a work in progress to reach the play-offs this season. A few decent results against sides we would hope we'd be beating anyway doesn't mean we'll find it so easy aginst the Chesterfield's, Stockport's, Wrexham's & Halifax's of this league. Main thing for me is we're safe from another relegation (i think..) and the rebuild has begun in earnest. I'll settle for that and continued steady progress this season.

Back