• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millwall

If any other clubs fans had behaved like Millwall's fans did on Saturday they would have been called a disgrace to their club but because its Millwall its classed as good behaviour from their fans considering what they have done in the past.

They should have praised us Shrimpers for not running over to the West and bashing the living **** out of them.
Could so so easily have been a free-for all thanks to that bunch of ***

They should have praised us Shrimpers for not running over to the West and bashing the living **** out of them.
Could so so easily have been a free-for all thanks to that bunch of ***

Yep it could have been alot of worse and who would have been held responsible then, the club or the police or both?

If any other clubs fans had behaved like Millwall's fans did on Saturday they would have been called a disgrace to their club but because its Millwall its classed as good behaviour from their fans considering what they have done in the past.

I agree with you, and it isnt fair. I was sitting close to where the Millwall fans were in the West and I was actually scared of a piece of chair or something smacking me round the head. Not to mention the lack of stewards or police from the off. They could quite easily have got over that wall and they would have flattened the 4 or so stewards! I didnt feel safe at all. Then to hear that they were praised by the police is unbelievable!

Like you say if any other fans behaved like that then they would be labelled a disgrace and the rest of it. If thats the way they are when they are well behaved I wouldnt want to see them when they are bad!

If thats the way they are when they are well behaved I wouldnt want to see them when they are bad!

Indeed you wouldn't .. i'm sure there's plenty on here who remember the FA Cup tie in 1993 (Sir Stan scored the winner :D ) .. i got kicked sh!tless after and i certainly wasn't the only one :mad:

Indeed you wouldn't .. i'm sure there's plenty on here who remember the FA Cup tie in 1993 (Sir Stan scored the winner :D ) .. i got kicked sh!tless after and i certainly wasn't the only one :mad:

The thing that worries me is I know that being a female doesnt register with most of them, they dont care. A lot of them are savages and if they had got over that wall last Saturday then you would have seen me run faster than Linford Chrisite out of the ground! My arms are not equiped with any form of muscle to fend of these rogue types.

The thing that worries me is I know that being a female doesnt register with most of them, they dont care. A lot of them are savages and if they had got over that wall last Saturday then you would have seen me run faster than Linford Chrisite out of the ground! My arms are not equiped with any form of muscle to fend of these rogue types.

To be perfectly fair, i really don't imagine they'd hit out at a woman .. though i imagine you could / would be subjected to quite a severe verbal battering (i really don't need to explain, do i ??)

To be perfectly fair, i really don't imagine they'd hit out at a woman .. though i imagine you could / would be subjected to quite a severe verbal battering (i really don't need to explain, do i ??)

No I wouldnt of thought they would hit out at a woman, but if they came chargin over I dont think they would be too considerate towards any females.

There were quite a few people with young kids sitting near us aswell and they had to move as some of the things being thrown were coming really close. To then hear that they have been praised for good behaviour is outragous. Am sure the story would be different if something had hit someone on the head and knocked them out.

No I wouldnt of thought they would hit out at a woman, but if they came chargin over I dont think they would be too considerate towards any females.

There were quite a few people with young kids sitting near us aswell and they had to move as some of the things being thrown were coming really close. To then hear that they have been praised for good behaviour is outragous. Am sure the story would be different if something had hit someone on the head and knocked them out.

Very true.. and i hope my post didn't come across like i was trying to defend them in any way cos i certainly wasn't

The type of mentality of these thugs (they arent fans) would have meant anyone in the way would have been considered fair game, inc kids, women, etc. Fortunately, me and my two youngsters were in Block U so werent directly affected but some of the youngsters did move to the rows in front of us from the corner block (W).

I guess the police are generalising on the behaviour. I cant believe they thought that what went on inside the ground was acceptable or good. If my kids ever behaved like that then I certainly wouldnt! :guns:

They seem to have got it (almost) right this time - apart from the Boere bit .

Wonder if someone in Plod HQ comes on here ??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6970468.stm

I had posted some suitable comments on the bbc website for Millwall on 606 aswell. They were roundly boo'd by the SUFC fans in the West (apologies if you boo'd elsewhere but I am in the West) which was good to hear because if you cant give a minutes silence or as it turned out applause as a mark of respect then I am sorry, there must be something mentally wrong with these Millwall thugs.

Lets face it, the papers reported the mark of respect was perfectly observed by the Liverpool kop when the poor kid was a devout Everton fan!

Atleast the BBC article you have quoted is a little more accurate as to what went on at the ground.

Its a shame that the majority of people in the north stand wanted to watch the football unyet there was a stupid bunch of thugs who were out to cause trouble. When the thugs had given up the atmos that was created was excellent. Just a shame we needed these muppets to cause the trouble that preceeded it.

Hopefully, they will once again get whats coming to them albeit I cant help feeling that we have been here before!

Last edited:
Our super dooper CCTV system would surely have had all cameras pointing at the Millwall fans and they will be easy to spot? But apart from the intial 'charge' which may have been missed by the cameras was there much trouble?

I think Millwall have a membership scheme for away tickets and all tickets are registered on their database. Now I know tickets can be sold/passed onto anyone but out of the 200 or so that tried to cause trouble I'm pretty sure a fair number would have been using valid tickets.

Seats were broken and then hurled at police by the fans during their match against Southend United.

Well that is a load of bollocks, there wasn't any police!

And I thought the minutes silence/applause whatever was for Boere?

Last edited:
Back