• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mitchell Cole

IIRC he's had some sort of long standing heart defect dating back to before he joined us, so I expect it's related to that.

It goes without saying that we wish him a speedy recovery.

That's not very nice at all, I liked him as a player didn't realise how young he is! Hope he finds something he can do for the rest of his life!

Shame, always liked him...was watching his successful "strike" on Crossbar Challenge only over the weekend. All best wishes to him.

Scored a cracker against Colchester in a 3-1 during our League 1 title winning season, his only goal for us I think.

Wish him good luck in the future.

Scored a cracker against Colchester in a 3-1 during our League 1 title winning season, his only goal for us I think.

Wish him good luck in the future.

I was just watching that this morning, great interception, great pace and a great finish.

Damn shame, he was a decent winger, best of luck to Mitchell for the future.

Didn't realise he was at Oxford.

Thats a shame, had the talent but was never really up for the physical side of the game. All the best Mitchell!

Was always facing an unhill struggle with that sort of condition. Poor fella, but best to get out now than drop dead on the pitch.

best to get out now than drop dead on the pitch.

Beefy - that "plain speaking" course you've been on has worked...! That's blunter than John Prescott during an election rally, after an egg has been thrown!

:thump:

For my part, I'm sorry that Mitchell's heart condition has deteriorated, and sorry we won't get to see him play. I hope that with suitable medical care and the right type of physical work-out, he will have many years of health and happiness ahead of him.

I was trying to think of a better way of putting it, Matt, but gave up. There's been too many young players over the past few years who the first time anyone found out that they had a problem with their hearts was the time that they dropped dead mid-match. Plus I'm sure I'm not the only person here who will always remember what happened to Mike North at Roots Hall.

In a way, Mitchell is fortunate that at least he knows about his condition and can take precautions, even if one of those precautions is to stop playing.

Plus I'm sure I'm not the only person here who will always remember what happened to Mike North at Roots Hall.

I think about it a fair bit; it was the eeriest, most surreal thing I've ever had the misfortune to witness at a football game. I hope I never see the like again. Heart conditions and football are, sadly, synonymous in my mind - my father-in-law also had a massive heart attack at a football ground (and was saved only because (a) he was in the stands; and (b) there was a defibrilator nearby), and I found out about it whilst coming out of a football ground (the Stadium of Light, after our 4-0 defeat there...)

Interestingly, Spain want to make it a compulsory requirement that professional football stadiums are equipped with defibrillators in a dressing room... If it's adopted, I can't see it being too long before something similar is enforced over here.

I'd be surprised if (most, if not all) stadia didn't already have defibs and trained operators there, along with ambulance staff on hand too. Being compulsory makes a lot of sense though.

I'd be surprised if (most, if not all) stadia didn't already have defibs and trained operators there, along with ambulance staff on hand too. Being compulsory makes a lot of sense though.

I think the difference is between having them situated in the dressing room, rather than having a mobile unit on site. Obviously, Spain have had a few recent tragedies and near-misses (Antonio Puerta, Miguel Garcia, Ruben De La Red and Dani Jarque, although his wasn't at the ground), so it's probably far more consciously thought of and discussed than it is over here.

What a shame for Mitchell Cole i thought he was a good player during his time at Roots Hall. I wish him all the best for the future.

Completely agree with this. He was a good player and that goal against Col Ewe was superb. Shame about his health problems because he could have gone far. All the best Mitchell

Back