• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK's Grand National pick

MK Shrimper

Striker
Now I no nothing about gambling and only stick a £5 on a horse that I like the name of or has some connection to my life. Looking at the runners for the National I see a horse called Stan....

Has to be doesn't it?

We really don't want 'My Will'. Apparently there are 300,000 Williams in the country. Think how many people will be having their two quid on him because part of the name is like their husband/brother/son/nephew/milkman/etc. Everyone in my wife's family for starters - both her Dad and nephew are William.

Oh and it's the favourite too. Eeek!

I've plumped for Hear The Echo... Won the Irish Grand National at 33/1 and will probably be around 14's on Saturday. If it wins, I'll have a very good night in Huddersfield on Saturday.

I've plumped for Hear The Echo... Won the Irish Grand National at 33/1 and will probably be around 14's on Saturday. If it wins, I'll have a very good night in Huddersfield on Saturday.

Has to overturn the form with Chelsea Harbour, but I like his chances.

At this stage it's Rambling Minster for me. Although it was Denman for me today and he was last seen with his face in the turf...

If its got the Echo in its name it will probably get it all wrong, upset RM & probably end up in the wrong race!!

I don't gamble, but a work colleague who a big time punter said Butler’s Cabin was a very good choice as it has a good jockey a good weight.

This what one write up said:

Butler’s Cabin (AP McCoy): Showed plenty of stamina to win NH Chase and Irish National in 2007, going well when falling second Becher's in 2008 National. Brought along steadily since, promising fifth at Cheltenham last time.

He did also say that he's never won on the National, but the above horse should be reasonable VFM. Watch it fall at the first!!

Butler's cabin ran well in the Kim Muir at Cheltenham without being over-exerted, ran well in the National before falling and about time Mr. McCoy one the race. Carrying my hard earned so that's put the mockers on him then!

£5 e/w on Stan (the man) at 100/1 and £5 e/w on Snowy Morning for Mrs MK @ 33/1

Ergo, I know nothing about gambling :D

Hear the Echo has just been pulled out of the hat for me in my works sweepstake.

I got Brooklynn Brownie & Cerium in my work sweepstake, anybody happen to know if they have their full compliment of legs?

Back