• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moans and Groans (My Opinion)

Haven't messaged on here for a long time, but i always have a look to see what gossip is going on etc.

All i read is moans and groans about various bits and bobs, i.e. new signings, management and results etc.

Now, at the begining of the season most people on this board were saying how they would be happy with a mid-table finish, or slightly above. The season is now half-way through, we are 11th, and people are moaning and moaning about petty things. We still have have 18 odd games to go, plus a game in hand, so it's not like its all doom and gloom.

We can do it, we can reach the play-offs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine, yes fair enough dig at a few things because we know not all is going well atm, but c'mon let's keep the faith!

UP THE BLUES!

I for one will be pleased if we did finish mid Table tbh

I was around last time when we dropped light a lead balloon back to Division 2… horrible feeling mark my words… all the hard work of the Legend David Webb all down the drain

I think no one can Question Ron Martins or Steve Tilson/Brush commitment towards the club and are all would lose their left are to get us back to the Championship

Ok we have had a taste of being in the top six and WE ALL want a Top Six place now….

But to put life in respective…

League One footie plus also getting the go ahead for our New 22,500 all Seated Ground …. Will be just what we need to push us back to challenge the Championship… SO HURRY UP POXY GOVERNMENT !!

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

It is frustrating that no matter what happens someone will complain. Scannell got negative comments from behind me when came on Last week because he was only 5k.

Walker has had plenty of negative comments already and he hasnt kicked a ball yet.

Some people just have a very negative outlook when it comes to football and see the bad in everything.

At present we are about where Id expect us to be, we can still make the play offs but its going to need us to kick into a higher gear than we are in but for me the Yeovil game showed a lot of promise.

Until we get the new stadium, we are in our rightful position I think, maybe 1 or 2 places higher, play offs at a push.

Once the new stadium comes then we will be able to compete with some of the more established teams in the Championship, like the Burnleys', Stokes', et all.

Next season, League One will be a weaker division assuming Leeds, Forest and Swansea go up. If its them three they are likely to be replaced by Col Ewe, Blackpool and Scunthorpe, I know who I consider to be the lesser teams.

I expected better from the Blues this season than what we are getting, and I don't think it's ridiculous for there to be some complaints. We cannot score goals and our dealings in the transfer market have been less than stellar. Of course we are much better off than the Alvin Martin years, and I am not writing off Tilly or discounting his achievements, but we should be challenging for the playoffs. We were not rock bottom of the Championship and got creditable results against top clubs like WBA, Brum and Derby (home defeat was desperately unlucky), so we should be coping better at this level than we are.

Having said the above

Steve Tilson has raised the expectation level and I expect us to be pushing for promotion to the championship if not this season nextā€¦..

Back