• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Modern Warfare 3

**** YEAH!!!

[video=youtube;coiTJbr9m04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So is CoD actually any good? Or is it over-hyped nonsense with terrible connection issues and populated by pre-teen Americans? I've heard both but I could be tempted this time around.

So is CoD actually any good? Or is it over-hyped nonsense with terrible connection issues and populated by pre-teen Americans? I've heard both but I could be tempted this time around.

I like it as the games are fast and good fun, the maps are well designed and since Black-ops they are bit more equal too (no more stacked killstreaks). There are still bad connection issues though and Black ops is quite slow to get fired up. If you aren't sure then it's probably worth waiting to see what the initial reaction is like.

I like it as the games are fast and good fun, the maps are well designed and since Black-ops they are bit more equal too (no more stacked killstreaks). There are still bad connection issues though and Black ops is quite slow to get fired up. If you aren't sure then it's probably worth waiting to see what the initial reaction is like.

As everyone knows, I personally think Black-Ops is terrible. I can't really pinpoint a specific reason, it's more a lot of small things that are annoying.

Also, stacked KS's are the business. Getting a killstreak of 17 is pure ***** to me. A prime example of why I thought Black-Ops was a flop.

It all depends on what you want the game for. If it's purely for the storyline, I wouldn't bother. But if it's the online multiplayer, then get on board. I haven't played Black-Ops since about December (shows how much I think of it) so I'm not sure what the connection is like, but I get no problems on MW2 (which I still play now).

As everyone knows, I personally think Black-Ops is terrible. I can't really pinpoint a specific reason, it's more a lot of small things that are annoying.

Also, stacked KS's are the business. Getting a killstreak of 17 is pure ***** to me. A prime example of why I thought Black-Ops was a flop.

It all depends on what you want the game for. If it's purely for the storyline, I wouldn't bother. But if it's the online multiplayer, then get on board. I haven't played Black-Ops since about December (shows how much I think of it) so I'm not sure what the connection is like, but I get no problems on MW2 (which I still play now).
I think that's the whole point though, I'm not a serious gamer and so I like the fact that in general Black Ops feels a bit more like a level playing field, rather than getting completely raped on MW2 by quality gamers like yourself!

I think that's the whole point though, I'm not a serious gamer and so I like the fact that in general Black Ops feels a bit more like a level playing field, rather than getting completely raped on MW2 by quality gamers like yourself!

I didn't really think there was much difference in the quality levels to be honest. Having said that, I didn't really play enough online (don't think I went past 1 day in my total time played?) so maybe you're right and I didn't notice it.

For me MW2 will always be the superior :thumbsup:

Series is increasingly going downhill. MW was the nuts, since then Activision have just milked the series. No technological innovation, no changes, the same game engine used since MW. Every year the same like a Michael Bay movie, a bit of hype and millions of people shell out £30-£40 for it.

Why are people up in arms about there being a London scene? If it was a reenactment of the 7/7 attacks it's part of history, the same as what all the previous CoD games have been based on.

Back