• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
MOSNI will finish his 3 match ban after Barnet .Do you think he will come back in or not v Rotherham .If he does maybe he will be on the bench cant see him starting .What does every one else think .

I doubt he'll start over Prosser or Cresswell. I do wonder, however, if Luggy - at some point, and for better or worse - may consider him in central midfield (not necessarily against Rotherham). The reason I say that is we'll be very under-strength at CM in the JPT final; I'm not sure Lund will still be around, and with Spillane and Laird unavailable, that leaves us with the likes of Woodyard and Spicer. It wouldn't surprise me if Bilel got the odd spell there. Would undoubtedly Could all end in tears of course. :unsure:

Maybe Bilel would be better as a late sub up front? Less time to be sent off and an opportunity to scare a tiring defence?

Surely an 'impact' player from the bench from here on in. That's the best use of him for minimal damage I'd have thought. He'll certainly make an impact when he comes on.

MOSNI will finish his 3 match ban after Barnet .Do you think he will come back in or not v Rotherham .If he does maybe he will be on the bench cant see him starting .What does every one else think .
he wants to be at least on the bench as he is the reason ive got me ticket for saturday:smile:

No no no to Mohsni in central midfield! It's even more likely he'll be sent off in there than anywhere else on the pitch!

He should be used as a possible impact sub up front only where he can cause his usual havoc late-on if we're chasing a game. Personally I'd be surprised if this isn't the role Sturrock has already earmarked for Bilel. As with Hall he'll thrive on Hurst's delivery.

Just get rid of him. This man is a liability, already cost us points after 27 mins comeback. Good player but not worth the risk in any game.

I have said it before even in October- that there would be more twists and turns to come, That certainly came true and I can still see further twists and turns. Anything is possible with that man, he could still sign a new contract, be MOM at Wembley TWICE this year , get his dream move and get us lots of cash , potential captain in years to come , or alternatively not get picked for Wembley and have one final sock that really is the end. That's the excitement with him, and before anyone says don't be stupid , step back and think about what has happened so far- anything is possible including first Southend player to get sent off at Wembley (after scoring hat trick :hilarious: )

I can see that there is at least one huge moment left for Bilel this season.

He could come on at Wembley as a sub and score us the winner, or possibly concede the penalty that beats us.

Or picture the scene in the last game of the season... we need 3 points to go up automatically... it's 0-0 and Mohsni is on as a sub with 20 minutes left, gets booked for a foul almost immediately, scores a goal with 5 minutes left, gets booked again for over celebrating and is sent off for 2 yellows and the 10 men concede an injury time equaliser to leave us in the play offs.

None of the above would surprise me.

However, for the neutral, he is nothing but entertainment on legs. It ain't gonna be boring with Mohsni playing.

Would love to see him on the left wing coming onto some of Hurst's crosses. Stick him out the way of having to make tackles and let's see what damage he can do.

Get off the mans back, he will play , hes too good to be left out,.I hope he does sign another contract spend half a season next year with us , star and get a big money transfer.Then when he goes you will all be wishing he hadnt .

In terms of ability , he is in our top 10 , so should be in the team.
In terms of temprement / team spirit etc , not sure yet where he fits in , but we will see.
The Mohsni debate has been done to death , but will no doubt rumble on forever more.
Leave it to Sturrock

Back