• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play 442 and stick akinola up top and lump it up to him.trying to play out from the back is nonsense and dont work at league 2 level,we arent man city and our players arent capable of doing it.Also,mark molsley has been able to bring in players but most have been awful and added to the youngsters we already have
Shows how deluded you are.Another one who doesent mind losing every week

Lump it up to Akinola

How are you not a premiership manager ??????????

I would play 442 and stick akinola up top and lump it up to him.trying to play out from the back is nonsense and dont work at league 2 level,we arent man city and our players arent capable of doing it.Also,mark molsley has been able to bring in players but most have been awful and added to the youngsters we already have

How can we when he is injured ? The manager can only select those available to play.

Steve, if you don't want to answer that's fine, but how old are you?

And that’s exactly why I asked you what you would do ??‍♂️

Akinola has been injured so you wouldn’t have been able to stick him up front and lump it up to him, nor can Molesley. Akinola is also 5ft 10 and absolutely not a target man, so if you were to get him fit and lump it up to him, it would come straight back again.

As I said on another post, how is Molesley supposed to get players in when we’ve been under an embargo from the minute he walked in and have well documented trouble paying the tax bill and the players. We’re bottom of a lot of players lists unfortunately.

You want MM sacked so another manager can walk straight in and face exactly the same problems out of their control. Thanks for at least replying though (the other Molesley out poster didn’t bother - wonder why). But as I suspected, you don’t really have a credible argument I’m afraid.

And that’s exactly why I asked you what you would do ??‍♂️

Akinola has been injured so you wouldn’t have been able to stick him up front and lump it up to him, nor can Molesley. Akinola is also 5ft 10 and absolutely not a target man, so if you were to get him fit and lump it up to him, it would come straight back again.

As I said on another post, how is Molesley supposed to get players in when we’ve been under an embargo from the minute he walked in and have well documented trouble paying the tax bill and the players. We’re bottom of a lot of players lists unfortunately.

You want MM sacked so another manager can walk straight in and face exactly the same problems out of their control. Thanks for at least replying though (the other Molesley out poster didn’t bother - wonder why). But as I suspected, you don’t really have a credible argument I’m afraid.
I dont know if we are under an embargo or not? Do u know? We have brought in players so how can we be? And if we arent? Then molsley has chosen the players that have come in lately and so thats down to him? And they are no good or injured.

The problem is MM has basically just bought players who are good academy players or ones he has worked with not players that are suited to league 2. All that time he spends on the training ground and analysis and he really thinks we needed a player like Sterling? Of course it's not his fault he has been left with the dregs from last season in Lennon Dieng white and oxley. Theyre not winners and I feel they probably find it hard to be upbeat around the club.

My first post. From sitting back the last few years, we're just rotten from top to bottom and we will be relegated this season.

MM is out of his depth and doesn't know how to play lg2 football, that said, nor did the last 4 or 5 managers since Brown left.

The chairman is to blame for this wholeheartedly,, how can you not pay a tax bill, it's something we all learn from a young age that you have to do in life and he keeps doing it time and time again.

The players are just not good enough, I look back and see the players we had when we were last in lg2, it's shocking in difference.

Should MM go? God knows, I've lost the will to live with SUFC right now. What I do know is that Martin should, start with the bad apple first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think whoever we sign as manager or player must have an easy-to-spell name.
Humphries heads for the hills, and we get Molsley and Molesley - two for the price of one!
PS. Every time I list another misspelling, it corrects itself. I think the mods also want his name spelled right!

Last edited:
I dont know if we are under an embargo or not? Do u know? We have brought in players so how can we be? And if we arent? Then molsley has chosen the players that have come in lately and so thats down to him? And they are no good or injured.

It's pretty well known we're under embargo

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thought we was going to be pulling up trees but likewise I feel so dejected now watching this lot , MM has to take some responsibility , he would of sat in Rons office , listened to what is expected of him and said I get it BUT i can turn this around and get the club moving in the right direction.

At present we are going further south by the week , we played our best football for months against a poor side and still come away with zilch to show for it .

I’m not calling for him to be replaced as he’s working his nuts off trying to get this right , I’m just not sure how long Rons patience will last ( rightly or wrongly ) he must be having doubts

Last edited:

We‘re under an embargo, yes. Have been since MM walked through the door and a while before that. We‘re allowed a maximum squad size so have been able to replace the players who have left. We’ve also been able to sign some players with no senior league appearances to supplement (Hobson).

I imagine the players he’s brought in wouldn‘t have necessarily been his first choice if we had some sort of budget, no embargo and a decent reputation. We’re lucky he’s been able to use contacts at Bournemouth and his good reputation to bring in the players he has done. We aren’t in any sort of position to be attracting players at the moment. He’s also not responsible for players getting injured.

Really can’t work out if you’re just on a wind up.

inevitably the manager is going to be questioned is and come under pressure ..

a lot of zone posters were very very keen on this appointment

- at the moment the harsh world of professional sport - of professional football, of the English football league is publishing its results ..

92nd out of 92

inevitably the manager is going to be questioned is and come under pressure ..

a lot of zone posters were very very keen on this appointment

- at the moment the harsh world of professional sport - of professional football, of the English football league is publishing its results ..

92nd out of 92

Of course. But just find it bizarre that so many posters seem to be completely oblivious to just how difficult the job MM took on was.

I think it’s unfair to really judge him until the embargo has been lifted and he has the freedom to really start adding to his squad. He’s had to limp through so far with a totally inadequate pre-season and had to sign who he can, when he can whilst managing this club with one arm tied behind his back.

This isn’t Bond all over again. MM’s job is significantly more difficult than Bond’s was. A bit of realism and common sense is needed. If people want to blame anyone, blame Ron. He’s far more responsible for us being rooted to the bottom of the football league than MM is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back