• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MONEY MAKING IDEAS TO SAVE SUFC

danburyshrimper

Manager
Ok , i'm doing my best Bob Geldof impression here - Uncle Ron is totally skint + we all need to dip our fingers in our pockets + raise some extra cash to stop our club from dying.
Here's some ideas -

1. Introduce a weekly vote for 1 player to put in the stocks in the Roots Hall car park pre match ( and a further phone vote for another player post match ! ) ..... Then we all pay £1 to queue up + chuck old fruit / wet sponges / something harder + sharper at them until they beg for forgiveness and promise to actually try next week.

2. Hold a fan auction now for the 20 highest bidders to sign for the club before the january window shuts. Those 20 will get picked in the match day squad for 1 game each and will be guaranteed a minimum 10 minutes playing time as a sub . Lets face it we are relegated anyway so there's nothing to play for , any of us cant really do any worse than what the players have shown us already , and the extra entertainment will give us world wide publicity. ( we are already a laughing stock )

3. Make Liam Ridgewell wear a sandwich board saying "sorry" on match days and for every £10 raised by fans he has to walk an entire lap of the pitch to hear our fans' polite get fit soon messages + general good wishes.

......Any other daft idea's to help dear old Uncle Ron get us out of this mess? ................

Donate £250, and you get to be manager for the week.

Would certainly put a few of our fans in their place.

How much would we save by not putting onions in the burgers?
Or is that heresy?

I've actually got an idea; (no seriously)

almost every fan drinks from cans, beer etc.
If we collected and re-cycled crushed beer cans in pink sacks (full only)
and collected them at home games, when we have a full truck, the load can be sold to a re-cycling/scrap merchant for cash.
Now this is all very dependant on the scrap price of aluminium at the time.
Maybe at every home game fans who wished could bring a full sack of cans, and deposit them in an arranged area in the car park.

It may pay for the footballs for a season? I know its not much but it would cost the club absolutely nothing , and us fans would feel as though we are helping, without it actually costing us anything. (cost of £5 or so for a can crusher)

Before you all poo poo this idea ( and some of you will)
This Idea was borrowed from Lakeside Hammers (Arena Essex) when they were around.

It worked very well , and the monies raised at the time, serviced all their scrambling bikes for the whole season.

This is a serious idea.
As most of you know. I work for a well known local brewery.
Southend United held a Beer festival and Cider in the Shrimpers Bar must be over 6 years ago.
It was quite well recieved but some things need to change one closing at 8 on the Saturday etc and throwing all that beer away when over 20 people were left who would have paid for it.!!
Also with my Rochford Beer Festival knowledge, why cant we hold another one.

A few conditions would be needed from the club, Southend United volunteers would run it.
I have quite a few already who would give there time free. Well, maybe a few beers and a PUKA pie each session from the club in reward.
A free range of beers to be sourced, (not those the club are tied too), finally a free range of how too run it and prices we could charge. Outside of costs the club would take all profits.
Basically it would be a Supporters (not just the Trust) Group with a clear defined critera, who does what, and a committee. Obviously Wino would be involved.
Last game of the season is the obvious date, but not a lot of time to Organise.

Just do another shares offer, I did it last time and I’d do it again, the money must be to strengthen the squad in the new season:Thumbs up:

I’ve got one as ridiculous as it sounds...

Run the club within its means and actual budget?....I know right, crazy.

we could get the council to approve the planning for FF which will make the club a much more attractive proposition for any investors

Reduce the admission prices to say 10 pounds which will attract more supporters and fill the empty seats more takings at the bar and support for the team better to have a full stadium than one which is half empty

Back