• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dear All,

If the mods will kindly excuse another Moody Blues thread (I'll use the original one for other related updates) this is just to let you know of a separate fund-raiser for the Moody Blues campaign.

Now, I expect I might have mentioned my book before :smile::smile::smile: Well, a notice has just gone up on the club website that royalties from sales for the remainder of the month will be put in to the Moody Blues campaign collection. The club website link to the article is:

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/august/moody-blues-roots-to-the-92/

The royalties are hardly a fortune - circa £1.50 for the paperback, a few pennies more if you get the kindle version - but if the club website enables news of it to reach a far wider audience than I have managed to do so far (I suspect all on SZ are more than aware already and I'm a bit spent out on Facebook advertising) then it might help to boost the campaign pot a bit. I can then too maybe tick off '1,000 copies selling author' off my bucket list and further negotiations with Spielberg for the movie rights (he is currently pondering who to cast as Hair Bear - see pages 52-53).

So, if you've not yet got a copy, or if you are searching for a present idea for a football fan (it is a book meant to be of interest to all fans whoever they support not just Shrimpers), and in doing so help further the Moody Blues campaign, then ........

The direct link to Amazon where it can be bought is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roots-92-A...id=1501265445&sr=8-1&keywords=roots+to+the+92

It can also be purchased from the Shrimpers Trust stall in the Shrimpers Bar - I'll be helping with the collection for the Argyle game but Paul Y as always will be there to sell the ST merchandise.

... and if either Amazon or the Shrimpers Trust stall run out of copies then don't despair, Amazon are always quick at ordering in more and for the ST stall I can readily get the publisher to print more.

UTB,

Andy

Back