• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mooney

Yup , and he is 12 years older than the next oldest player there !!!!! He'll do well at that level

Orient have a huge rebuild on their hands. Hopefully Dave can find the sort of form he had with them before.

He will end up managing them one day.

Personally I think he was a bit hard done by here. He seemed to play most of his matches as a lone striker which didn't suit him. When he played alongside people like Hunt or Cox you got to see that he has a pretty good footballing brain, and that he can play a bit.

That said, he's not as good as Ranger or MAF, but one of those two isn't available at present!

Personally I think he was a bit hard done by here. He seemed to play most of his matches as a lone striker which didn't suit him. When he played alongside people like Hunt or Cox you got to see that he has a pretty good footballing brain, and that he can play a bit.

That said, he's not as good as Ranger or MAF, but one of those two isn't available at present!

Yep, definitely said the same, he was never a "lone" striker, he liked dropping deep or playing wide at times to feed in to a partner as well as play off one.

Last edited:

Does this statement (highlighted) mean that you see him as better than Theo?
Not IMO, DM would have been 5th in the striking pecking order and that place ought to be for a youngster learning his trade; David needs to be playing games and a good season (15 goals) in the Conference will be expected.

All the best to him. As said, some of the time he was up alone and that is not his strength.

I found his falling over (and not getting a foul or penalty) when it was better to stay upright annoying and his failure to stay onside was so fustrating .............. but he did try and I, for one, hope he does well at Orient. :thumbsup:

Does this statement (highlighted) mean that you see him as better than Theo?
Not IMO, DM would have been 5th in the striking pecking order and that place ought to be for a youngster learning his trade; David needs to be playing games and a good season (15 goals) in the Conference will be expected.

I think you're reading too much into it. Firstly I forgot about Theo and secondly I don't really equate the two as (to me) they're different types of players. I do agree that Mooney is better off somewhere else as it sitting on the bench (which he would inevitably do) wouldn't do him any favours.

Back