• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Please post match reports and ratings here.

When will this rut end?

Joint bottom of the form table with Torquay with 0.5 points a game, and the only team in league 2 to not have a win in the last 8 games.

I was really excited by the football we were playing even though we lost at Chesterfield. I think I hit rock bottom today with the Phillips hoof. Leonard 8, the rest 5

Please post match reports and ratings here.

When will this rut end?

Just a guess but I would say maybe if we get a FIT HUNGRY STRIKER in. We do not have a goalscorer at the club who we can rely on for goals. With a host of local non-league clubs to choose from, I can't believe that we didn't go out and bring someone in as soon as we could. It strikes me that Barnard was a signing to keep the fans onside, regardless of his form and fitness. I know it is heresy on this site to criticise Corr, but regardless of his ability in the air, he is not the mobile striker that we need up front. We need to take a punt on someone who is a poacher ,someone with a bit of pace, yes everyone is after that,which is why we need to take a gamble on a player on his way UP in his career, however raw he is.

What we don't want is players on BBC Essex droning on about how the only way to turn it round is to work harder on the training ground, or wait for a lucky break. NO, WRONG - the time is now right for a gamble, or else see us end up around 19th on 58 pts.

Oh and what has Jack Payne done wrong exactly?

Just a guess but I would say maybe if we get a FIT HUNGRY STRIKER in. We do not have a goalscorer at the club who we can rely on for goals. With a host of local non-league clubs to choose from, I can't believe that we didn't go out and bring someone in as soon as we could. It strikes me that Barnard was a signing to keep the fans onside, regardless of his form and fitness. I know it is heresy on this site to criticise Corr, but regardless of his ability in the air, he is not the mobile striker that we need up front. We need to take a punt on someone who is a poacher ,someone with a bit of pace, yes everyone is after that,which is why we need to take a gamble on a player on his way UP in his career, however raw he is.

What we don't want is players on BBC Essex droning on about how the only way to turn it round is to work harder on the training ground, or wait for a lucky break. NO, WRONG - the time is now right for a gamble, or else see us end up around 19th on 58 pts.

We should of signed Paul Benson, a Southend United fan and has been banging them in for Luton.

We should of signed Paul Benson, a Southend United fan and has been banging them in for Luton.

Not a bad shout but we had our chance there, what age is he now?

34 always should of signed him everytime we had the chance.

Starting to get tired of Phil Brown's comments re team selection. Although I still rate him as a manager and am confident in time he will turn this around, what is his obsession with playing Corr as a lone striker? Corr has been a quality player for us at this level and I would definitely still have him in and around the first team but starting him every single game? What's the harm in starting Freddy ahead of both Bazza and Barnard against Scunthorpe. Am aware he's not the player he was and struggles for fitness but we all know what he can still do with the ball at his feet especially at this level. Would rather see him subbed off after 60 minutes having played poorly than have to keep watching the same front three that haven't won in 9 games. Atleist Brown would have tried something different!

7 of the players who played today went through the same slump last season. Makes me think they haven't got the staying power.

We could have van Persie up front and it wouldn't change a thing. We don't create chances. The full backs get forward under sufferance and Coker simply does not get enough quality balls in the box for a player of his ability.

There was one quality ball today and we scored from it.

I actually thought today was better than other recent games I've seen. We should have murdered them.

You don't seriously expect us to get a result at Scunthorpe,do you? :unsure:

To be fair whenever things have looked dire in the past we seem to get a result against an in form team. Unfortunately all that does is give us false hope so we end up being frustrated when we lose the 5 games after it.

Waste of money waste of time waste of effort waste of passion waste of belief

ooooo I know let's try crossing the ball it's the only way we know to score. Mark Phillips couldn't kick a ball through a triple length goal from 30 yards!

subs as well brown? Seriously? Leonard and Timlin off? Did Barnard touch it?

beyond ****ed off with this shower of *****

You are Mrsblue and I claim my £5

You are Mrsblue and I claim my £5

perhaps because I dared criticise corr? I am sorry for all of you who hero worship him, but I fear we will not get out of this division (at least upwards) with such a distinct lack of pace up front. And before you say that why should we have a divine right to pacey forwards, may I just mention the THREE SUBSTITUTES that Wycombe brought on last week? Morgan, Kuffour and Cowan-Hall, all of whom were pacier than anything we had. Its too easy to constantly blame the mid-field for not creating chances, but just cast your minds back to last season with Assombalonga and Tomlin who invariably created their OWN chances. We are far too slow and predictable and each week teams are doing a number on us. End of.

****ing embarrassing! Didn't go, didn't listen on radio and my god I'm glad. This season has completely gone to pot. Not a chance in hell we will even make the playoffs at this rate. Mid table finish yet again. Change the ****ing team brown. You spout so much crap about changing the team and never do. Beyond fed up now.
"We won't be in the same league as morecambe in a few years". Really Ron, really? No you're right because we will probably be in the conference. So embarrassing how we can lose to a team who attract 1500 fans and have one of the lowest budgets in the entire football league. Pathetic. The players and manager need to take a long hard look at themselves because this is not acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst thing in all of this bad run is that Newport aside we havnt actually played anyone in the top half, we are losing and drawing games against teams that have struggled all year and to make matters worse we've led in five of them, how different the position would look if we had won those games. In seems the team have lost belief and even after taking the lead don't know how to defend it. Incredibly dissapointing and frustrating, but as others have said we lack a goalscorer big time.

Back