• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More possible keepers...

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
"In addition, second-choice goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld and promising young keeper Shwan Jalal have also left the club..."

Promising keeper, lives (reasonably) locally. Could be an option as some competition.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,10:43)]"In addition, second-choice goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld and promising young keeper Shwan Jalal have also left the club..."

Promising keeper, lives (reasonably) locally.  Could be an option as some competition.
Left which club though?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 12 2004,10:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,10:43)]"In addition, second-choice goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld and promising young keeper Shwan Jalal have also left the club..."

Promising keeper, lives (reasonably) locally.  Could be an option as some competition.
Left which club though?
Berlin Rovers with names like that !

biggrin.gif

[b said:

We don't want "competition", we need a new regular goalkeeper.

Shwan Jalal played really well against us when we took on Spurs' youth team a year or 2 ago, the other Leeds tried to sign but he went to spurs i believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 12 2004,14:16)]
[b said:

You may or may not have noticed that that is a very contentious issue on this board.

I reckon we would do well to get in a young keeper with a bit of talent to push Flahavan. I also reckon that keepers perform considerably better with competition and neither Robinson nor Emberson have really offered that this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,14:38)]I reckon we would do well to get in a young keeper with a bit of talent to push Flahavan.  I also reckon that keepers perform considerably better with competition and neither Robinson nor Emberson have really offered that this season.
BRING BACK GAY BOY!
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif

(Danny, in case anyone was wondering!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,14:05)]...anyway....Anyone know anything about either of these keepers?
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Lars is Canada&#39;s #2 GK (come on Canada Shrimper, you should&#39;ve got that one&#33;), didn&#39;t he go on loan to Luton a season back? Would do well at Coca-Cola Div2, but would&#39;ve thought he&#39;d go somewhere in the upper 2 leagues.

Schwan&#39;s an Iraqi iirc, out-of-favour at Spurs since the other youngsters resurgence.</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 12 2004,16:07)]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Schwan&#39;s an Iraqi iirc, out-of-favour at Spurs since the other youngsters resurgence.</span>
Hey, maybe Saddam wants to invest in a club... he&#39;s got some time on his hands right now, after all...

STEVIE TILSON&#39;S JIHAD ARMY

ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2004,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 12 2004,16:07)]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Schwan&#39;s an Iraqi iirc, out-of-favour at Spurs since the other youngsters resurgence.</span>
Hey, maybe Saddam wants to invest in a club... he&#39;s got some time on his hands right now, after all...

ghostface.gif

Matt
There&#39;s only one Kevin Maheer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 12 2004,15:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,14:38)]I reckon we would do well to get in a young keeper with a bit of talent to push Flahavan.  I also reckon that keepers perform considerably better with competition and neither Robinson nor Emberson have really offered that this season.
BRING BACK GAY BOY!
biggrin.gif

ghostface.gif

(Danny, in case anyone was wondering!)
biggrin.gif

You know it makes sense!

Please bring him back!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2004,16:27)]
[b said:

ghostface.gif

Matt
Does that mean Lawrie Minefield and his fellow strikers would be aiming for the onion Baghdad? And that the half time entertainment would come courtesy of Big Gay Al-Jazeera?&#33;

wow.gif
ghostface.gif

Spiff

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ May 12 2004,18:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ May 12 2004,15:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,14:38)]I reckon we would do well to get in a young keeper with a bit of talent to push Flahavan. I also reckon that keepers perform considerably better with competition and neither Robinson nor Emberson have really offered that this season.
BRING BACK GAY BOY&#33;
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif

(Danny, in case anyone was wondering&#33;)
biggrin.gif

You know it makes sense&#33;

Please bring him back&#33;&#33;
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
He&#39;s being looked at by Bradford City, having kept a whopping 33 clean sheets this season for Hornchurch&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,14:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 12 2004,14:16)]
[b said:

You may or may not have noticed that that is a very contentious issue on this board.

I reckon we would do well to get in a young keeper with a bit of talent to push Flahavan.  I also reckon that keepers perform considerably better with competition and neither Robinson nor Emberson have really offered that this season.
Not especially. If we're happy to be average, he'll do. If not, we need better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 12 2004,22:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,14:38)]

I reckon we would do well to get in a young keeper with a bit of talent to push Flahavan.  I also reckon that keepers perform considerably better with competition and neither Robinson nor Emberson have really offered that this season.
Not especially. If we're happy to be average, he'll do. If not, we need better.
Contentious meaning an issue of contention.  One that people disagree on.  Put a poll up if you want but there's an almost half and half split on whether people rate Flahavan or not.

Please tell me who we should and could be signing then, if Daryl isn't good enough for us.

rock.gif

Back