• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Well here goes, hopefully the last refwatch for a few months.

I often start of with a summary of our record against the opposition; I won't bother on this occasion.

Anyway, the referee in charge of Saturday's big match is fourth year official, James Adcock a 30 year old PE teacher from Long Eaton in Nottinghamshire.

This will be his fourth Southend match and first one away from Roots Hall.

I'm tempted not to mention it, but the first one was what we hoped would be the final match of the season 2011/12 against Macclesfield at home. We won and he cautioned Timlin and a couple of theirs.

More recently, he refereed 2012/13's dire 0-0 against York. He did rather well and there were no cards.

Then, a match which will be bettered remembered, our 4-1 Cup win against Millwall last year when, again, he did rather well. Three cautions apiece and a red for them (White, Leonard and Atkinson were our yellows).

He refereed the Conference Play Off final a few years ago between AFC Wimbledon and Luton in front of nearly 20,000 supporters. In his first ever League match, a Development (trial) appointment, he sent off three players (2 from Maccs, 1 from Wycombe) in stoppage time.

He is highly rated and tipped to progress to the Premiership. As a result he is getting loads of Championship appointments and his yellow card count is average with 115 yellows from 36 games. Reds are a bit high with 9, but he gets quite a lot of key matches.

His assistants are Martin Coy from Durham and one time barman and now News Editor from Northwich, James Wilson. Neil Sharp from Hartlepool stands by as 4th official.

Well here goes, hopefully the last refwatch for a few months.

I often start of with a summary of our record against the opposition; I won't bother on this occasion.

Anyway, the referee in charge of Saturday's big match is fourth year official, James Adcock a 30 year old PE teacher from Long Eaton in Nottinghamshire.

This will be his fourth Southend match and first one away from Roots Hall.

I'm tempted not to mention it, but the first one was what we hoped would be the final match of the season 2011/12 against Macclesfield at home. We won and he cautioned Timlin and a couple of theirs.

More recently, he refereed 2012/13's dire 0-0 against York. He did rather well and there were no cards.

Then, a match which will be bettered remembered, our 4-1 Cup win against Millwall last year when, again, he did rather well. Three cautions apiece and a red for them (White, Leonard and Atkinson were our yellows).

He refereed the Conference Play Off final a few years ago between AFC Wimbledon and Luton in front of nearly 20,000 supporters. In his first ever League match, a Development (trial) appointment, he sent off three players (2 from Maccs, 1 from Wycombe) in stoppage time.

He is highly rated and tipped to progress to the Premiership. As a result he is getting loads of Championship appointments and his yellow card count is average with 115 yellows from 36 games. Reds are a bit high with 9, but he gets quite a lot of key matches.

His assistants are Martin Coy from Durham and one time barman and now News Editor from Northwich, James Wilson. Neil Sharp from Hartlepool stands by as 4th official.

Sounds like a competent official. Although I would expect that. League 1 are playing on Sunday, and there are only three matches of any real importance in League 2. The bottom 2 have been decided, as have 1st, 2nd (other than who is champion), 6th and 7th.

Sounds like a competent official. Although I would expect that. League 1 are playing on Sunday, and there are only three matches of any real importance in League 2. The bottom 2 have been decided, as have 1st, 2nd (other than who is champion), 6th and 7th.

League One playing Sunday is neither here nor there; they would not give a referee two games in two days.

But, as you say, you would expect the better referees to be appointed to those key matches on the final day and they have pretty much done that.

Who is going to score the goal that wins us promotion , I have a feeling it will be Adam Barrett . :smile::smile::smile:

And there was me hoping for Trevor Kettle.

Look forward to these threads regularly - cracking job for this, and many seasons, look forward to the next one in August :winking:

Change of official, may have misheard but sure commentary just said the ref was Andy Haines(?)

Shocking display by Lino in front of us in seats today. Loved it when fan in front row offered lino his glasses. Just shocking !

Back