• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Not much to say this week as we have a Roots Hall debutant in his first season. The man in charge of our attempt at a first ever victory over Morecambe is Charles Breakspear from Walton-on-Thames.

Although he has not refereed us at all, he has been to Roots Hall as an Assistant or 4th Official on a number of occasions.

He has refereed 4 matches this season and has already managed 20 yellow and 2 red cards, the most recent red being a Colchester player at Dagenham on Tuesday.

He will be assisted by Ian Crouch from London and Robert Hodges from Milton Keynes with Carl Fitch, a Woodbridge schoolteacher, once again on 4th official duty.

Mick said:
Not much to say this week as we have a Roots Hall debutant in his first season. The man in charge of our attempt at a first ever victory over Morecambe is Charles Breakspear from Walton-on-Thames.

Although he has not refereed us at all, he has been to Roots Hall as an Assistant or 4th Official on a number of occasions.

He has refereed 4 matches this season and has already managed 20 yellow and 2 red cards, the most recent red being a Colchester player at Dagenham on Tuesday.

He will be assisted by Ian Crouch from London and Robert Hodges from Milton Keynes with Carl Fitch, a Woodbridge schoolteacher, once again on 4th official duty.
He sounds like an excellent ref already :winking:

20 yellow and 2 reds from 4 games?

Trying to make and impression it looks like. Lets hope Morecombe are a bunch of thugs like Northampton were.

I work with the 4th officials Dad....have been unable to bribe him into giving us an extra 10 mins injury time, or 15 seconds if we are winning :smile:

I work with the 4th officials Dad....have been unable to bribe him into giving us an extra 10 mins injury time, or 15 seconds if we are winning :smile:

I know you are joking, but not everyone is aware that the 4th Official does not determine stoppage time, he merely puts on the board whatever the referee tells him to. Before the advent of the communications technology, the referees had a series of coded arm movements to indicate how many minutes to the 4th official.

I know you are joking, but not everyone is aware that the 4th Official does not determine stoppage time, he merely puts on the board whatever the referee tells him to. Before the advent of the communications technology, the referees had a series of coded arm movements to indicate how many minutes to the 4th official.

Not surprised - there is, after all, a long and honourable tradition of fans using coded arm movements to convey information to the referee.

He can't be any worse than last week's ref! I imagine he could be in for a busy afternoon if, as Brown said, Morecambe play like their manager used to.

Oh could be a heated match full of contraversity made worse by referring decisions. Lets however, give the poor guy a chance

He did ok. Despite what some have said, he got pretty much everything he had to. Send off was spot on and done properly. No fuss, no delay, just "get off my pitch". Mind you it was an easy game to ref. And I'd have booked Timlin too.

The guy couldn't count to 10 - even when the crowd counted for him. Al least he improved from 7 to 8 at one point.

The guy couldn't count to 10 - even when the crowd counted for him. Al least he improved from 7 to 8 at one point.

The requirement is 10 yards, not 10 paces.

If he has established that 8 of his paces are exactly 10 yards, fine. If it were me, I would be tempted to shorten my paces, if only to avoid ill-founded criticism.

What I dont understand is that a ref who books 20 and red cards 2 in 4 games can then not take action when there front pair were pushing and shuving our two cbs every time the ball came anywhere near in the first half, I know my view from the south upper is good but it was so blatant that you could have seen it from southend station.

The requirement is 10 yards, not 10 paces.

If he has established that 8 of his paces are exactly 10 yards, fine. If it were me, I would be tempted to shorten my paces, if only to avoid ill-founded criticism.

Agreed, but he was quite small, and I don't believe his paces were 1.25m.

FWIW I thought he had a pretty good game, but I think he missed an obvious penalty when Corr (I think) was shoved in the back.

Back