• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most fouls ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
one way that Charlton broke up our play today was by fouling us 20 times (to our 10) -

is it always the case that we are fouled more than the op[position ?

I was thinking this earlier. We do get fouled often - grant and laurent in particular. Our freekick conversion rate is so poor though, perhaps it is a tactic from opposition teams. If we had signed Mulgrew 18 months back it would be a different story.

one way that Charlton broke up our play today was by fouling us 20 times (to our 10) -

is it always the case that we are fouled more than the op[position ?

No, i don't think it is, but yes, in my opinion today they were quite clinical with some of their fouls, I think they soon realised that we were not going to be the pushovers that they expected, that's when the fouls really started to come into play. The ref for the most part was pretty good, the one time that i felt that the ref should have cottoned on was when Bailey committed a really cynical foul, he then fell to his knees and clasped his hands together pleading his innocence, i am afraid that told a story, had i been the ref i would have watched and waited, another bad fould and he would have been off. We are not a dirty team, i admit that at least once in every game Macca has to throw in a dirty one. You can often tell when a player/team is 'coached' to foul, they plead for mercy or walk away as if nothing has happened, we saw both today. However, i will not blame our loss on this, in my opinion we, once again threw awy the chance of at least a point and possibly 3. We need to take shots on goal, we cannot keep trying to walk the ball into the net. If you don't take shots then you don't score goals. UTB

nope i think we are get fouled more cos we try and play football - Tranmere was something like 16 - 5

Back