• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mourinho

SamuraiBlue

Youth Team
There are certain times when managers are appointed that I just think it is a useless appointment straight away.

Examples that jump to mind are some of the managers Southampton have appointed, the guy that was Wigan boss and Glenn Roeder everytime. Gareth Southgate was another example when fans up and down the country were bewildered by the appointment of such a lamo.

Some people just lack that charisma and respect to be good bosses that the fans are happy with. Glenn Roeder has such a pathetic aura it is untrue. If the public think these things then the players will undoubtedly feel the same.

Other managers just have a certain X factor. One example, but not necessarily an obvious example, would be Lawrie Sanchez. I can respect that guy and feel the passion in him. Look what he did with Northern Ireland. Others examples include Gordon Strachan and Mark Hughes.

But....McClown? Yuck. We all knew straight away what a useless appointment this was. He wasn't even first choice. The decent choices were Scolari, Hiddink, O'Neill and Allardyce - all of which don't fall into that lamo bracket.

McClown was a failure with England before he even became full-time boss. He represented a cheap option and last choice for the FA.

Even if we do still qualify, I would love to see the FA sack him and appoint a well respected boss with some passion for the tournament. Do we really stand a chance with McClown?

Give the job to Mourinho. The FA should go for broke as it has been far too long since we did well in a tournament. It could even just be for the tournament on a short term contract as I couldn't see Mourinho not wanting to be a club boss at this point in his career.

I am sure all the players would love it. We would have a good chance and might actually realise out potential at last. Whilst of course the passionless and overpaid players have to shoulder blame, I couldn't see Mourinho taking any bullsh!t. I would love to play for Mourinho.

What do you think?

Here's hoping, I won't hold my breath though!
Also Strachan's appointmnet didn't go down well with most Celtic supporters. They felt having had O'Neill for so long they were now a club deserving of a international top-class manager, not somebody who was a lower table (if not relegation class) Premier League manager!

See my post in the other England thread.

He has everything in his locker to be a fantastic International Manager. Man management skills, tactical nous and he knows exactly how to handle the media... If he's interested, give it to him, but i can't see him wanting it.

He'd be a great choice and I think he'd make a damn fine international manager. However, I don't think he'd be too interested in an international job (apart from maybe Portugal), his next job will be in club management.

im not so sure, as good a manager as he is, when he was at Chelsea, it seemed he wanted it all to be about him, rather than his players

Back