• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moussa... one plus from tonight?

moussa was the pick of a very poor bunch on friday, he's not a winger but he done very well.

along with peter clarke they were the only players that turned up.

He was very good, got stuck in, and did not shy away with what was happening like many others did. Very very good technically, and I expect big things from him next season. I would love him to use the summer to mould into a right winger, so he can play out there, at the moment he is not one, but a bit more maturity and who knows...

He was very good, got stuck in, and did not shy away with what was happening like many others did. Very very good technically, and I expect big things from him next season. I would love him to use the summer to mould into a right winger, so he can play out there, at the moment he is not one, but a bit more maturity and who knows...

whats the point of trying to change him to compensate for other players in the team. If he is better than the players playing in the middle then play him surely? Macca has been poor lately so if moussa is better then get him in, don't try and change his entire game to compensate

Having watched the game I thought that Moussa was one of the very few players to come away with any credibility.
Had forgotton how he covered at the back and two of the goals he was the only one who tried to get a tackle in. I think also Tilly brought him in to the side as he is aware he is defensively minded (not that it counted on friday)
Am glad he has extended his contract and with a few games under his belt and a bit of strengthing up we could have a fine young player on our hands here.

whats the point of trying to change him to compensate for other players in the team. If he is better than the players playing in the middle then play him surely? Macca has been poor lately so if moussa is better then get him in, don't try and change his entire game to compensate

I think you have misunderstood what I meant. I am not saying that he should be changed because he cant play in CM, I think he should. What I meant is if he can mature a little over the summer and expand his game a bit more, then if asked to play out wide, he will be better prepared/accomplished to do so

IMO Moussa had a pretty good game. I remember him cutting inside using skill to pass a few players setting up another attack. That was the only creative football being played by us. He needs to be built up alot more so he can compete in the middle of the park and I believe he could become a very useful player for the future.

I thik Tilly made bit of a **** up throwing Moose in at the deep end like that but its all experience for the lad at the end of the day we would have learned from it. He showed a good touch and one particular moment i remember him doing a couple of step overs and skinning a player, if he can show that skill only for a moment in a game like that and how we were performing then hopefully he can do it more often. I know its only once he did it but it shows something that he has in his weaponary for the future. Next season we will see more of him no doubt and it will be interesting to see how he fairs.

I think you have misunderstood what I meant. I am not saying that he should be changed because he cant play in CM, I think he should. What I meant is if he can mature a little over the summer and expand his game a bit more, then if asked to play out wide, he will be better prepared/accomplished to do so

Na i understood. I know you are saying he can play in cm but whats the point of trying to change him to play outwide. Its completely different playing in the middle and out wide. If he hasn't leant by his age he probably will never be comfortable playing in a new position. Developing his game will obviosuly still keep going but learning a new position is hard.
I feel we need players that play in those positions week in week out rather than trying to make players that dont play in them positions play there. The same happened with bradbury and foran, both who were signed as strikers and played most of th time on the wing. You could tell they weren't comfortable and never looked like real wingers.

Sorry to disagree but I cannot think of anything in the game that Moussa offered us. Mahers experience and presence would have been far more telling. I personally thought Francis had a nightmare and with Francis and Moussa on the right flank we had neither defending nor attacking capabilities.

Tilly knew they played effectively with 5 across the middle of the park and failed to address the problems that that caused.

To be quite honest I thought Doncaster were quite awsome. More movement, quicker passing, fitter and faster, and far more organised.

McCormack has consistently got worse over the past few games and the one threat and person who showed any passion was Mark Gower. He worked tirelessly and never gave up.

Barnard and Walker up front were totally ineffective but lets remember that they were given very little service.

I dont think, given the result, many players could come out of the game with much credit, but lets just hope they learned from it.

Agree about Moussa and he seems to be a fans favourite already but for the life of me I can't see why. The first game against Donny was crying out for a player such as Maher to slow the game down as it was being played at a frantic pace and so many lose balls were being played. A player with the quality of Maher could certainly have made an impression.

Na i understood. I know you are saying he can play in cm but whats the point of trying to change him to play outwide. Its completely different playing in the middle and out wide. If he hasn't leant by his age he probably will never be comfortable playing in a new position. Developing his game will obviosuly still keep going but learning a new position is hard.
I feel we need players that play in those positions week in week out rather than trying to make players that dont play in them positions play there. The same happened with bradbury and foran, both who were signed as strikers and played most of th time on the wing. You could tell they weren't comfortable and never looked like real wingers.

Even Brush has said Foran was brought as a winger, who could "do a job" upfront, not the other way round...

I was surprised when I saw him in the starting line up but watching on TV, he played well. Hard to pick a best player but it would either be him or Francis. I've always said he's technically a very talented player and doesn't give the ball away much. Just needs to get more involved. A good experience for him. He's not a winger though.

Moussa was the best player, my only critisim would be that he could of got a tougher tackle in for coppingers 2 "Gower-esq" goals.

After the first game, i thought the 2nd leg was calling out for King Kev, he has a unique ability to create space and find a pass.

Funny how we see different games isn't it.

I thought Moussa was too lightweight and often his tackles involved dangling his foot in and seeing the ball pushed through him. I did though think Francis had a good game and that that was why we didn't give too much away on the right.

The problem on Friday looked to be Gower wandering all over the place and leaving Mulgrew taking on two or even three midfielders on the left. I lost count of the number of times he was facing one bloke with the ball while there was another Rover standing 3 yards away from him waiting for the ball. Whenever this happened I'd look around for MG and find him either chasing back (commendable but more often then not too late by the time he got there), or else he'd still be up front or even on the other wing.

Of course I wouldn't expect Gower to choose to do this on his own; I can only imagine it was a tactical decision by Tilly that didn't work out.

Seemed a bit odd to me chucking him into such a big game, the first half wasn't much different to the first half in the league game we couldn't get near them I would have thought 5 in midfield would have been the best way with Moose in the middle and Black out wide.

Funny how we see different games isn't it.

I thought Moussa was too lightweight and often his tackles involved dangling his foot in and seeing the ball pushed through him. I did though think Francis had a good game and that that was why we didn't give too much away on the right.

The problem on Friday looked to be Gower wandering all over the place and leaving Mulgrew taking on two or even three midfielders on the left. I lost count of the number of times he was facing one bloke with the ball while there was another Rover standing 3 yards away from him waiting for the ball. Whenever this happened I'd look around for MG and find him either chasing back (commendable but more often then not too late by the time he got there), or else he'd still be up front or even on the other wing.

Of course I wouldn't expect Gower to choose to do this on his own; I can only imagine it was a tactical decision by Tilly that didn't work out.
Oh i would as if there is one big criticism you can make of MG is that he sosent put his foot in often enough and when he does, he jumps out at the first opportunity. Bit of a twinkletoes is our MG!

Back